after selling a unique priced article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

beaches4me

after selling a unique priced article

Post by beaches4me »

I read something about this subject a couple of topics down but I want to make sure I am absolutely clear about this subject first. I just sold my first article and it sold exclusively. I read that I shoudl set my payment threshold for that article as "0" for unique. Since it was sold exclusively, do I just put 0 down in the unique and leave my other pricing there or do I completely remove the article? I did not recieve any notice that it was sold so I am not sure about constant-contents rules or the person who bought the article if it is set for permanently or for 6 months, etc. If anyone could help I would really really appreciate it!! Thanks so very much! (and I am sooooooo excited!!!) yay!
Margo
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

I was wondering that, too, as I have also sold an exclusive license... I'm not quite sure what to do from here.
malward

Post by malward »

Even though your article sold exclusively, don't remove it from the site. As far as I know, once the purchaser has been sold an exclusive licence, the article can no longer be seen by visitors to the site. I do know that Chris, the owner of CC has asked us not to remove articles that have sold exclusively. Right Chris?
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Don't remove it or change anything - Chris takes care of all that for us. :D

Congrats on selling your exclusives!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Yes... Please do not remove an article that has been sold. A unique license means you can not sell this article again not even at another site.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

Okie dokie artichokie. Thanks, Chris and everyone else for the clarification.
beaches4me

Thanks for all your help!!

Post by beaches4me »

Thank you everyone for all of your help with my questions! You are all so very helpful and this is like a dream come true! Again, thanks!
~~~Margo~~~