sales disappeared

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

audrabianca

sales disappeared

Post by audrabianca »

what happened to all the sales we had today from buyer missery.index? All of them were gone. I even got emails from Constant Content saying article sold (ten times). Was this a fraudulent buyer?
HayleyWriter

Re: sales disappeared

Post by HayleyWriter »

Me too! I was so excited to see four sales today but now the orders are showing as unpaid in my Licences section. I am assuming that the buyer was either fraudulent or had some problem with the payment.
sranta

Post by sranta »

I had two articles sold to the same buyer for first time usage rights. Kind of concerns me, considering that now the articles they bought are only showing up for usage. Hope this gets fixed!
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I got notifications that I sold 6 articles today too -- 5 of those from the buyer missery.index. However, those sales are gone from my account, but those 5 articles are now just selling for usage rights on the site. Also, since that time, the amount in my account is 5off too -- it's less than the 65% I should have received from the sales of articles this month. I hope this gets fixed soon! It was exciting to see those sales today, and a huge letdown when I logged in again and saw they've disappeared.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Me too. Several sales disappeared. What a disappointment!

My full rights have also gone from the phantom sales. Hope this glitch is fixed ASAP.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

These things happen from time to time, unfortunately. Don't worry, CC will straighten it out. It's the weekend so you may not get answers until Monday. Try not to stress. Sorry about the disappointment though.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I don't know that I'm in this group or not, but I have an article that has been in "waiting" status for 2 days and I've never seen that happen before. I just sent a message to Support. I'm HOPING the person just used a form of payment that takes until Monday to clear. But, since the article is on tax information, I don't want the article to be in limbo too long if it's not a genuine sale.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

On the disappearing sales front, the site received a number of orders from missery.index starting Friday night and running until Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, these orders were fraudulent and I have had to refund the sales and revoke the rights from downloading the articles. We will be getting making a full assessment on Monday, and will send out an email to all of the affected authors providing the details of the situation. We are hoping that we will be in a position to put the articles back in the queue of articles for sale on Monday.

We are working to make the site more secure to stop this kind of activity from happening. We do understand that it is very disappointing to receive a sales notice and then have that sale disappear .

On the waiting articles front. This means that an order went to the Paypal for payment and is still waiting for the payment to be completed. In the best scenario, articles often remain the waiting status when the customer chooses to pay via e-Check, as the payment has to clear completely before we are able to release the article to them. In the worst scenario the customer abandoned the purchase when they hit the Paypal payment portion of the system. If this is the case, we generally give the payer the opportunity to purchase the order for 1 week and then return it to the pool of for viewable articles. If you're very concerned that your article is out of the pool of articles for sale, please send a note to support@constant-content.com and we can return the article to the pool of articles for sale more quickly.

jrichards
Constant-Content
cspring

Post by cspring »

I have an article that's marked "unpaid" under the "licenses for my content" section tonight (Sunday) even though I received an email saying it was sold. I guess I will check on the status tomorow.
sharazad

Post by sharazad »

I also had sales from this missery.index buyer. Right now, the license still says "unpaid order being processed"
Also, this evening (Sunday) the same thing happened but with a different buyer- I got emails saying the articles were sold and then they say "unpaid order being processed" and the buyer's name is yoga0400_block.
So I think theremay be someone else doing this.
So disappointed.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I got another notification too that yoga0400_block bought usage rights for one of my articles. I saw it from my Blackberry from the gym, but when I got home on my computer, the sale had disappeared -- but that article is now only available for usage rights. This is really worrying, and I'm trying not to worry like what Celeste advised; it's hard not to, though.

I've not been a CC buyer, so I'm not sure how the process goes, but if after paying, buyers have immediate access to articles, then they would have copies of articles, and if the sales turn out to be fraudulent, the article writers are both out of money and articles. (Even if the fraudulent buyer's rights to download the content is revoked, who's to say they aren't going to use the articles later on or have someone else change them a little bit so they're different?) *sigh*

I wish there's some sort of function for authors to deactivate articles so they "disappear" from CC for a while...it sure would come in handy at a time like this. I'm looking forward to the email from the CC folks.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Looks like it might be happening again today. There's a whole slew of oddly unrelated sales in the last few minutes.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Looks like I was right. They've vanished already!
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

Yeah got a doni.anugerah_block today. This is getting to be a problem.
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Does anybody know what to do about the disappearance of full rights for the false purchases? Some of mine are for a public request (and have been sitting in a cart with others on the same topic; I assume all belong to the same buyer).

It would be terrible to miss out on the requester buying these because my full rights have vanished.