Question for Ed

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DSWaltenburg

Question for Ed

Post by DSWaltenburg »

I am wondering how I can go about publishing some of my articles (for usage rights only, of course) from another site, if my published (viewable) name on those articles is different than my name here? Do I need to change my profile at the other location to include the same name as here, or can I include a link to my article list/profile there as proof?

What's the preferred procedure?

Thanks!

Deborah
Ed

Re: Question for Ed

Post by Ed »

You can include a note to me in the short summary and delete it after approval. If you're submitting a group of them, you can include this information in the first couple. I should be able to remember from the point forward.
DSWaltenburg

Post by DSWaltenburg »

Sweet! Thanks, Ed!
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Ed,
I know you're probably having a hard time deciding if my humor piece "Buy Your CD Today" fits anywhere. You can go ahead and deny it. It would be better as an audio file for a morning radio show anyway. If I had the expertise and the voice talents to do it myself, I'd have long since turned it into a parody commercial. (I even contacted some professionals to find out if I had to secure the permissions from the artists of the song clips I'd like to parody.)

I have several pieces which would make good audio clips. If they don't fit here, I'll put them back in my "Things to Do in the Future" folder.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Barry,

The problem I have with the piece is the use of language. While I understand the piece is supposed to utilize biting humor, I also have to draw the line at what appears for sale on our site.

You can use the "delete" feature at any time you want to withdraw/change a submission.

Thanks,
Ed
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Thanks Ed...

I didn't even notice that delete link on the far right side. My brain only registered the "edit" part of it.

I do wish I knew some sound, production and recording people. I can imagine several of my satire pieces on the Bob and Tom morning show, as well as a hundred others. If only my imagination would go to college independently and get a degree in the sound and video production field. I'm still paying off my college loans from the early 90's.