Is it OK to say a usage rights buyer can change the title?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

rcashdan

Is it OK to say a usage rights buyer can change the title?

Post by rcashdan »

I would like to give the buyer this option to tailor the title to the website. Is this okay?
Ed

Re: Is it OK to say a usage rights buyer can change the title?

Post by Ed »

Are you speaking about one particular article/customer or your articles in general?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi Ed,

Jumping in here because rcashdan emailed me with the following:

For some reason, I couldn't reply to your question on CC Forum about whether I was asking whether it's ok to let a customer for usage rights change a title. You asked whether I was asking about a speficic article (I was) or in general (ditto). Also wondering if my response problem is connected with the fact that I can't presently sign in to CC. only to the Forum. I've writted Admin about the login problem.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Thanks, Celeste!

If you want to give permission to a certain customer through Q/A with them, that's up to you. However, advertising this, for example, in the short summary in all of your submission, would confuse customers and writers about our rights and could have detrimental effects. So - certainly, you have the power to do this on a case-by-case basis.

Does this clear it up? Support will be back in business Monday, so hopefully your problem with forum sign-in will be addressed then.

Thanks,
Ed