Interesting

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

carpesomediem

Interesting

Post by carpesomediem »

Very good article with a lot of information!

I always knew that facts couldn't be copyrighted, I also know that certain patents won't be granted for something everyone can do on their own in their home (just take a look at Smuckers' failed attempt to copyright a PB and J sandwich). However, the article was still very informative, and if you haven't checked it out, yet, you should.
another_mother

Post by another_mother »

I was taught that any info that's common knowledge is fair game, but that one of a kind info should not be used without credit given.

Apparently, it's a matter of etiquette and ethics rather than a copyright infringement.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

(I just realized I made a new topic instead of replying in the one I wanted to, lol... that's what I get for not using phpBB-based forums in awhile.)
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

hmmmm... I should be the only one allowed to post in here... something else to fix! :shock:
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

constant wrote:hmmmm... I should be the only one allowed to post in here... something else to fix! :shock:
Hehe. Yeah, I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it... I was in a whole other thread and hit the new topic button. :oops: