Here's a question on site marketing...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

John Zee

Here's a question on site marketing...

Post by John Zee »

Chris:

I'm curious. I was wondering how the site is marketed. I've got experience in print, but very little on the online side. How is this done? Do you email teaser copy enticing potential buyers back here, or place ads, or send up smoke signals? I haven't a clue.

I was wondering what we could do to improve the site. Uploading appropraite articles for those markets you are hitting might be one idea. That's why knowing what's selling is really helpful. Is there any subject or content area that you think could be added to? If I've somehow missed this, point me in the right direction. I think this site has great potential. So instead of lurking, I thought I'd toss this one out and see what you and everybody else thinks, especially those with more experience with the online side.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Online marketing is a whole beast in itself. I have a really good grasp on this and always have.

Marketing the site is a whole different ball game, its takes knowledge, money, connections, and patients. My first site I created gets over 80,000 unique visitors a month and Constant Content will surly surpass this. It takes time, but CC has done better then I would have ever thought in such a short time. We are already getting close to 2,000 uniques a day.

Once I add some of the updates and have some of you writers approving articles, this will allow me time to get back to marketing the site better.

The plan is to choose a select few and offer a higher percentage for selling articles. In turn you would approve articles, clean up categories, and help with the forums. Many of you have already contacted me telling me your interested and I have some others on mind.

When the time comes I will be asking and offering a lot more, right now its a little crazy and I ask everyone to just bear with me.
AnnM

thanks

Post by AnnM »

Chris,

Just a note - I really appreciate (and I know others do as well) the way you have shared your plans and been open to suggestions. This is really refreshing and makes me want to continue to submit articles through your site.

thanks and keep up the great effort.

Ann
malward

Post by malward »

Chris,

I too appreciate you letting us know what is in store for CC in the future. You have some wonderful ideas and I'm proud to be a writer here. Thanks for the great opportunity.
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I also want to thank you, Chris, for all the work you've done here. It's been very helpful that you've kept us so informed. I think CC is a great idea and I'm sure it will see more and more success as time goes on!
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

I definitely agree! It's such a pleasure to be part of a site like this where the site owner is so involved! A refreshing change, really.

Chris, I was thinking of putting a banner up for CC at one of my sites, but rather than sign up through the affiliate program, I'd rather post a banner that links to my own author affiliate ID - is that possible? Do you have any banners directed at writers rather than purchasers?

Thanks!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Carrie - many people do this, its perfectly fine. You can find our banners here:

http://www.constant-content.com/banners/1/

You find ones made for writers.
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

That's perfect Chris - thanks!