keyword optimized ?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angela Epps

keyword optimized ?

Post by Angela Epps »

I'm sorry, I am a newbie (to this site and the internet) and the question I have probably has real simple answer.
I was hoping someone could tell me what "keyword optimized " means when in the description for "requested articles"?
Thank you so much for your time.
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

Angela

For most 'keyword optimized' means using the supplied keywords in your article as many times as possible without sounding dumb. You can use variations of the word also, such as: herb, herbs, herbal, herbalist etc

Hope that helps

Kat
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Is that what it means!

I've been unclear about this too.

So, if you write a financial article about budgets, the key words must be reapeated somewheres in the body of the article? Like budget, budgets, budgeting, buedgeted?
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

John

That's my understanding.

Some keyword content providers even ask the writers to make intentional mis-spellings, so that all variations of the keyword will be caught by the search engines.

Best
Kat
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Yes... Many webmasters want articles that focus on keywords. If your site is about "website content", your going to want to focus on those words for search engines.

Once you get the rankings you want for those words, you can move on to other words. The idea behind this is, if you have an article on your site that has many keywords on "credit card debt" your site has a better chance in search engines to be higher up when searching for those words.

Of course it takes a lot more then just a finely tuned article, but a well written article can help big time.
djledford

More Keyword ?'s

Post by djledford »

I understand what you mean by Keywords when an Advanced Search is performed to find a written article.

But, how do we enter this info to make sure it is earmarked for an Advanced search?

Out of curiosity, I did an advanced Search on one of my articles by accessing Gardening and my author's name, and nothing came up. I understand this is under the main category, but do "those who acquire" the articles know this?

Do we enter these Keywords under the Recommended Subcategory Box when we submit the article???
Thanks for your help.
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

OK. I'm hooked.

Any suuggestions from anyone on basic Internet Marketing books for dummies, etc?

This is very exciting stuff!

Thanks for your feedback, Chris.
djledford

Keywords

Post by djledford »

I never did get a reply as to how to determine keywords.

I wrote an article that goes into the Music category, but keywords would also be: singer, lyricist, performer, rock and roll.

Do I put this at the top of the article itself as a header along with author/title/word count?

Or is do you advise putting these keywords into the subcategory box?

Thanks so much
DJLedford
carpesomediem

Re: Keywords

Post by carpesomediem »

djledford wrote:I never did get a reply as to how to determine keywords.
Well, typically when writing keyword-oriented articles your goal is to focus on one to three words or sequences of words. These words are determined ahead of time and optimized throughout the article, you don't pick and choose them after you write the article. The whole focus of these articles is to give specific content on specific keywords, nothing more and nothing less.
djledford

Post by djledford »

I completely understand the purpose of Keywords.

My question still remains: Do I put these words in the Subcategory Box, or at the top of my article as a header listing.

IE:

Title:
Author:
Category:
Word Count:
Keywords: Is this where I put keywords?????

Thanks
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

Ah, sorry for the patronizing them... I would assume you would put them under Keywords.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Right now we don't have a place for keywords but in the future we will. The search function on the site, searches the title, entire summery ,and long summery so as long as the words are in there your good.
djledford

Post by djledford »

Thank you so much.