Submitting Articles in Response to Requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Laura

Submitting Articles in Response to Requests

Post by Laura »

I apologize in advance for asking a question that's probably already been addressed or is an obvious "duh" type of question...so here goes!

I've submitted six articles or so over the past several months and sold several; however, these articles were just submissions from my own ideas and I haven't submitted any articles in response to specific requests from clients for certain topics. I've been looking through some of the current requests and I really want to start responding to requests and submitting articles on requested topics.

I believe that I read somewhere that the client is notified via email when an article relative to their request is submitted by an author. My question is: how are they notified? When I submit an article on a requested topic, how does the CC system know I am submitting it in response to a specific request and then notify the correct client? Do I have to submit the article under the exact same category that the client used in his/her request? Or does someone at CC manually look through the article, determine that it fits a current request and then notify the client? For example: if someone requests articles about travel, but requests it using the "All Content" category, and then I submit an article in response to that request and list it under a "Travel" category, will that client be notified that my article is there in response to his/her request?

Wow, that question rambled on much longer than I wanted!

Thanks,

Laura
FaithHarper

Post by FaithHarper »

Laura, I've always submitted it using the category they chose, and have left it to Chris to subcategorize as he sees fit. He knows way better than me what topic alerts they are actually subscribed to!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I didn't even see this post... sorry Laura.

We notify the requester, we also tell the requester where they can find the content they requested. Some times its in multiple places or they choose the wrong category when making the request. I usually move articles, if I think you put it in the wrong category.

Thanks