HELP! How to upload images?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kate Sheridan

HELP! How to upload images?

Post by Kate Sheridan »

I've been gone a week and my IQ has dropped considerably, apparently!! Please talk to me as though I'm a first-grader! I am not able to upload any of the jpegs to go with my article. I keep getting an error message! What am I doing wrong?Thanks!
kate ;-)
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I'm not sure... You can imbed them into your document and you should be able to upload them separately as well. What is the error message?
Kate Sheridan

Post by Kate Sheridan »

constant wrote:I'm not sure... You can imbed them into your document and you should be able to upload them separately as well. What is the error message?
The error message is "cannot find server." I've been trying to upload them separately. Shall I try to resubmit the article with the photos imbedded? (Have never done that but am willing to try!)
thanks!
kate ;-)
constant-content
Site Admin

Strange... are you still getting this error? What kind of images are you uploading?
Kate Sheridan

Post by Kate Sheridan »

constant wrote:Strange... are you still getting this error? What kind of images are you uploading?
It IS strange! Yes, I get the same message each time. I'm just trying to send photographs from my computer. Digitals. Someone wanted images to accompany holiday articles. The article went through no problem, but the photo (a jpg) seems to disconnect me from the Website every time. Should I be sending it in some other format?
kate ;-)
constant-content
Site Admin

No.. Other people have been including JPG's. Maybe try sending it to me and I'll see if its something with that file. Or maybe try a smaller one and see if it works.
Kate Sheridan

Post by Kate Sheridan »

constant wrote:No.. Other people have been including JPG's. Maybe try sending it to me and I'll see if its something with that file. Or maybe try a smaller one and see if it works.
okay, I'll try it both ways. Thanks.
kate ;-)
FaithHarper

Post by FaithHarper »

Kate are you submitting in word? I've just always embedded my photos right in the word document.