9 days at "order being processed"

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mattsterrr

9 days at "order being processed"

Post by mattsterrr »

Hello CC peeps,

I have three articles that have been at status "order being processed - unpaid" for about nine days now. I don't have a problem waiting a little longer but the same client has already purchased another article that they began buying on the same day. Do you know what is going on with them?

Thanks very much,

Matt
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Usually these things tend to sit around unpaid and eventually fall off your sold list and revert back to unsold status. However, my first one of these did finally sell so you never know. Payment may just take a while to clear. Of the 8 or so that have gone this route, only one resulted in a sale. Good luck with yours. --J
mattsterrr

Post by mattsterrr »

Yeah, I've had a few before but these are the longest I've seen. It's not really a problem, especially beacuse I made 2 REALLY good sales today.

Thanks for your help, though.
RachelN

Post by RachelN »

Yours wasn't by any chance the $600 sale was it? I'm very impressed with whoever sold the piece that went for that figure! :)
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Yes--that was a rather inspiring number! But I have to say that, overall, the site is doing extremely well and I am guessing that a great variety of writers are seeing the benefits. I can't help wishing for more hours in the day to write--free hours I should say--free from other committments, responsibilities, etc...J.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The ones that sit unpaid I contact the buyer and ask if they are having problem, if I don't hear anything back in 3 days I will remove the order. This particular one took longer since the buyer responded but never finished the order. It has since been remove, these happen from time to time.
mattsterrr

Post by mattsterrr »

The $600 and the c. $200 - the kid's will eat after all. :D

It's not a problem, 9 days just seemed a while. Thanks for sorting it for me.

It's hectic as hell at the moment.
RachelN

Post by RachelN »

Wow, well done! :) It is great to know that some buyers here are prepared to pay that much.
mattsterrr

Post by mattsterrr »

They were long articles - 6,000 and 2,000 words respectively, so it wasn't an excessively high amount. 10 cents per word or thereabouts.
mattsterrr

Post by mattsterrr »

Hi CC,

Just a quick follow on to surfeit my curiosity.

I understand that clients have the opportunity to be informed when new articles are added under specified topics, by particular users, or to fill a request.

When an article, as in this case, becomes re-available (I'm struggling for a real word for this one - anyone got any ideas?) for purchase are clients informed of the change in status?