How do I submit a Standing Request?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

annetterowena

How do I submit a Standing Request?

Post by annetterowena »

Hi there,

I just noticed that there is a new Standing Request on Spirituality.
Is the submission similar to that of Requested Content?
Does it also have a shorter timeframe - I am asking this based on previous forum discussion threads which I found for SRs under Finance and also Energy articles.

Thanks a lot!
Lena
Abbamay

Re: How do I submit a Standing Request?

Post by Abbamay »

Hi annetterowena,

If there's a time limit or a short time period in which to submit articles, they usually say so. This one looks like it's ongoing for a while, and 50 articles are needed. When you submit one using the usual "submit article" page, next to the question "Is this for a request?" you need to select "standing request" from the drop-down box.

Hope that helps!

By the way, does anyone happen to know if the standing requests are likely to come up again, or if our wonderful buyer no longer needs so many articles on technology, energy, insurance, etc.? Lysis, S.J. Hillman - any ideas? Thanks so much!

Abba May
annetterowena

Post by annetterowena »

Hey there Abba May,

Thank you for your reply :D
I'm going to start working on those now, and hopefully it will get sold later on!

I was wondering the same on other standing requests - any idea guys?

Cheers
Lena
bhuff85

Post by bhuff85 »

Abbamay wrote:By the way, does anyone happen to know if the Lucasz.zelezny standing requests are likely to come up again, or if our wonderful buyer no longer needs so many articles on technology, energy, insurance, etc.? Lysis, S.J. Hillman - any ideas? Thanks so much!

Abba May
I believe they handle those within a Writers Pool now. I had been involved in the pool for around a month or so, until I was booted from it due to two of my articles having issues with "wordiness". Sold a TON of articles within that pool prior to the issue suddenly coming up (and never had any rejections from CC for articles written and submitted to that pool), but it is what it is I guess.

As for getting in on that specific writers pool, CC sent me an email that said I was invited to join that pool. I would assume that CC would send out invites to others who they feel would fit the bill as well, but I'm not sure. You could always shoot of an email to their support and see what they say.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Thanks for that bhuff85. I will ask CC about the pool. That buyer was so great!