Has CC seen better days?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Tster

Has CC seen better days?

Post by Tster »

I notice when I loom at the bottom of the forum page it says 'Most ever users online was 111'. 9 times out of 10, when I log onto the forums, it's just me and 'GoogleBot' online. My question is: Has CC seen better days? Is it in decline? Has the economy got anything to do with it?
SJHillman

Re: Has CC seen better days?

Post by SJHillman »

I don't think the CC forums are representative of the CC as a whole. I would say lower forum usage of people having fewer issues using CC more than anything else, as the forums are mostly a support device and are separate from CC's main site.
Tster

Post by Tster »

SJHillman wrote:I don't think the CC forums are representative of the CC as a whole. I would say lower forum usage of people having fewer issues using CC more than anything else, as the forums are mostly a support device and are separate from CC's main site.
Maybe so... How long have you been writing here?
stelle

Post by stelle »

People don't really come to these forums to chat. They come to post specific questions, and some people come to answer them. But in general, I don't think that people spend very much time reading and writing on the forums. Hopefully they're all too busy writing and selling articles!
Tster

Post by Tster »

I love discussing all things with like-minded writers. I prefer to do my articles in one sitting, so when I don't have enough time to write an article, I spend it here.
stelle

Post by stelle »

I wondered the same thing at first- why the forums were so quiet. I guess they're just a different kind of forum! :)
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

When I first joined C-C I visited the forum as often as I could, reading posts and asking questions. Once I got used to the proccesses and work started picking up, I didn't have much time to spare. I will still visit and answer a few questions if I can, but I really can't afford to spend endless hours here. I guess that's the way things go...