Number Of Views Before Purchase

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Bethaleg

Number Of Views Before Purchase

Post by Bethaleg »

Hey I was just wondering if any of you know, on average, how many article views it takes before your article sells. I only have 2 accepted on here right now, but am working on getting more submitted so I am a newbie : ) The two I have on here have been viewed 7 and 10 times...is that too early to tell if I am charging too much? Because that is what I am worried about: there are 10 interested clients out there but they don't like my prices. Or is that too few views to be able to tell anything?

Any input is greatly appreciated : )
SLPerini

Re: Number Of Views Before Purchase

Post by SLPerini »

Yes, it's too early.
Pay attention to the recently sold articles and the popular categories, as well as how the top authors present their articles, then write in the corresponding categories with good summaries and you will probably sell at least 60% of your articles, just no telling exactly when they will sell. It could be hours, days or months from when it's accepted.

I think with Constant Content in particular, as a beginning author it's most important to get your articles accepted without errors before you worry about the other things.
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Hi there!

I've found that the views don't really matter. I've had articles sell with just two views, and others with more than thirty. it's more a matter of the right customer coming by. As for the pricing, go with the price that makes sense to you. Customers are often willing to pay more for a great article, so don't sell your work short. You can always change the price later on if you find that you may be asking too much.

I wouldn't be too worried about the number of views. Just keep submitting great stuff, and they will sell eventually, even if it takes a few months. :wink:
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Also, the views won't be just from clients. Other writers can also view articles, sometimes just to get an idea of what's out there. I agree, views don't matter that much. I recently sold an article that I wrote 6 months ago and had very few views since that time. Someone just came by out of the blue and saw something that he could use!
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

My experience is that most of my articles have sold by the time I've had 40 views, but that can take quite while to get them.