Change Title While Under Review

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

bev

Change Title While Under Review

Post by bev »

I have an article under review and I would like to change the title before it gets reviewed. When I pull the article up to edit it, it does not allow me to change the title. Also, there is no space at the bottom of the page to send a note to the reviewers. Thank you.
nichewriter

Re: Change Title While Under Review

Post by nichewriter »

bev wrote:I have an article under review and I would like to change the title before it gets reviewed. When I pull the article up to edit it, it does not allow me to change the title. Also, there is no space at the bottom of the page to send a note to the reviewers. Thank you.
You'll need to delete the article and re-submit with the new title.
Lor

Post by Lor »

bev wrote:Also, there is no space at the bottom of the page to send a note to the reviewers.
What we used to do if we needed to send a note, was keep it short and sweet and add it to the short summary for the eds' deletion. I don't know if that's allowed anymore though. If it's absolutely essential, I don't see why you can't -- at least until you hear otherwise.

On editing titles in edit mode, I'd like to see this function as well. Ideally, once the article is accepted that function would disappear. Alas, just another button for the overtaxed reviewers, so we likely won't see that.
bev

Post by bev »

Thank you both for that information.
jak

Post by jak »

You can still put a note to the eds in a short summary, but once it its approved you need to go back and edit the summary yourself.

In this case, though, no need if you are pulling from the review queue and resubmitting, which seems to be the only way to change the title.