Weekend Reviews?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lori

Weekend Reviews?

Post by Lori »

Hi Everyone,

This question may have already been answered on the boards before, but I did a cursory check and couldn't find it.

My first article was accepted (yay me) and I submitted two more this weekend. Do the editors routinely review any submissions over the weekend or must I wait for Monday?

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lori
Antonia

Re: Weekend Reviews?

Post by Antonia »

The editors are human and take weekends off :) Your article will be reviewed in the order it was received...so, not necessarily Monday if there are a lot of other articles in front of yours, but probably sometime early in the week. Congrats on your first acceptance!
Lori

Post by Lori »

Antonia,

Thanks so much for the information, as it helps me add one more piece to my CC puzzle. I'm still trying to learn as much as I can from the veterans around here, and these boards have been a great source of information for a newbie.

And thank you for the congrats! I'm pretty excited about my first acceptance and others I have in the pipeline ready to submit.

It is disheartening, however, to realize that the editors actually get to take time off on the weekends :)

Lori
MelissaNott

Post by MelissaNott »

Hi Lori,
I've had articles approved on weekends before, so I don't think they take every weekend off! :D
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

An article will occassionally go through on a Sat., and sometimes even a Sunday. I think an occassional editor may hang around once in a while on weekends. For the most part though, things are pretty slow around here on weekends. Actually, things seem to have slowed down in general over the past few months here. Hopefully that is just a seasonal thing and things will start picking back up soon. There have been few changes at CC in the past few months, and change always seems to slow things down for awhile. But, you can pretty well expect weekends especially to be slow.
Lola

Post by Lola »

I do not expect approvals over the weekend, but I just wanted to agree that approval times in general seem to have slowed down a lot. I was active for a while on CC a couple of years ago and have recently returned to my work here. These days review times for my articles have been much longer. I guess that reflects an increase in vloume on the site, which is good, but my work is starting to back up for the first time...
JStone

Post by JStone »

Lola wrote:I do not expect approvals over the weekend, but I just wanted to agree that approval times in general seem to have slowed down a lot. I was active for a while on CC a couple of years ago and have recently returned to my work here. These days review times for my articles have been much longer. I guess that reflects an increase in vloume on the site, which is good, but my work is starting to back up for the first time...
Agreed. Review times are getting longer and longer, and it can be a bit frustrating.

If this does reflect an increase in the volume on the site, maybe its time to take on a couple more editors.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Actually, they just added a team of editors last summer (we actually only had one before). Review times (and other things) seem to have slowed down dramatically since then to be completely honest. I love writing here and don't want to "step on any toes," but things don't seem to run as smoothly as they used to. I have also noticed more mistakes passing through...not just in other submissions, but my own as well. I suppose it will just take time for everything to adjust...I have noticed review times and orders starting to pick up slightly in the past month or two...so maybe we are on our way!