Articles in Requested Content

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

RedRabbit

Articles in Requested Content

Post by RedRabbit »

How long after a customer purchases an article does it take for the request to be removed from the requested content section? I want to write to a couple of specific requests, but not if they customer has already selected the article they will use. I know that it is not immediate because I see a request still in there that has already been fulfilled. Thanks!
Celeste Stewart

Re: Articles in Requested Content

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It depends on if the customer goes into his or her account and actually closes the request. Most don't bother. That's why there's an expiration date. How old is the request you're interested in? What is the requester's "purchase rating"? If 0, then that customer has never purchased anything. If it's really high, then that customer has bought tons of content and is a regular here. Not that those numbers will tell you if the customer has filled his request or not, but it could give you some insight into the customer's experience here.
Gouldm80

Post by Gouldm80 »

In addition to what Celeste appropriately offered, I would suggest writing for "public requests" even if there is a chance that the buyer has already filled their order. I wrote a piece on how to date gorgeous women, and the original requester didn't purchase my article, but someone else did just a few weeks later. :) Exercise discretion as this approach isn't always a good idea, particularly in cases where you're writing a very specific article that other buyers wouldn't be able to use.

Cheers
VeronicaM

Post by VeronicaM »

How would you know if the request has already been filled?
RedRabbit

Post by RedRabbit »

Thank you Celeste and Gouldm80! I appreciate the help!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Veronica1987

More often than not you won't know if a request has been filled. You can keep an eye on the "Recently Sold List" or keep track of the Purchase Rating of the requester as clues, but there is no way to know if that specific requester was the buyer of an article in the sold list or if the article he or she bought to up his or her purchase rating was for that request.

Bottom line, writing for a public request (if your head isn't already buzzing with on spec ideas) if it's not too specific to the requester is a good idea becuase you already know that the topic is of interest to someone out there.
flo2008

Post by flo2008 »

Gouldm80 wrote:In addition to what Celeste appropriately offered, I would suggest writing for "public requests" even if there is a chance that the buyer has already filled their order. I wrote a piece on how to date gorgeous women, and the original requester didn't purchase my article, but someone else did just a few weeks later. :) Exercise discretion as this approach isn't always a good idea, particularly in cases where you're writing a very specific article that other buyers wouldn't be able to use.

Cheers
I do not see Public Request anywhere on the site. Could you tell me how to get at it ?

Thanks and regards
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

When you log in as an author, you get a side-bar with a list of links to various parts of the CC site. You can see all the requests in the Requested Content part. This will take you to the public requests first, but you can click on the tabs on the top of the page to go to private and standing requests too.