A way of answering customer requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

vjlenin

A way of answering customer requests

Post by vjlenin »

Hi celeste, ed,

I just answered a customer request through the q&a. I uploaded a file. Now, my q is do we have to edit the content to perfection in these uploaded files? which I guess are just for the customer to review and see if the content is ok, allow and author can proceed with the job? I just made clear in my query that the content I uploaded is UNEDITED? Is that enough, but I am sure that there are not many mistakes in that. It is still very decently edited.

Thanks.
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

Ok, I am not sure what you mean, but before you can submit to a public request you have to put the article through the CC system. You write the article, submit it for approval, and then show it to the customer. If you skipped the approval process you did not follow the proper steps. The upload file box is for customers to send things to writers, not the other way around. when you are ready to sumbit to the customer, you write your query and then click on "attach article" (or something like that) and it will send the customer a link to your article.
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Hi there, nic. thanks for the reply, but what i did was post the doc file through the browse button we see in the QA section;. You know this upload option i guess. i know about the other option, but i didnt actually post the article in the CC so i just submitted a sample through the upload option.
Ed

Post by Ed »

All articles must go through the editorial approval process before being offered to customers.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Is there a way that the web designers can make that Upload button invisible to writers? Its function is for customers to upload their research and notes to writers. It's causing a lot of confusion to writers. Uploading un-approved articles is a sure-fire way to get screwed over. Not only will the customer get a downloadable copy of your work, there won't be a price tag accompanying it. Plus, it hasn't passed the CC editorial process which could look really bad to a potential customer.
Ed

Post by Ed »

These are excellent points, Celeste.
aliciamae

Post by aliciamae »

The problem with going through the cc system is that they reject the articles! I had 5 for a request, and they were similar, but it was what they needed, and they got rejected for being too similar! What are we supposed to do to respond to a request?
Ed

Post by Ed »

That is not a "problem" - that is how our system works. You cannot sell articles on Constant Conten without going through the editorial review process.

Articles must still be original, even if they are similar. You cannot plagiarize yourself. There are many ways of presenting information that do not involve using the same phrases or article structure.

Ed