Question regarding subject matter

Have question or recommendation regarding our photography area? Post it here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sandra Lynn Petersen

Question regarding subject matter

Post by Sandra Lynn Petersen »

My husband and I went to a car show and I took a few nice photos of the classic cars that were there, including closeups of some of the details of the vehicles.

Is there a market on Constant Content for these type of photos or should I upload them somewhere else?

Thanks for your answer ahead of time.
damyanti

Post by damyanti »

I think you could post them in the "transportation" category on CC :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

We have no way of determining yet what kinds of photos there will be a market for. However, when website owners/designers/writers are in search of photos, they tend to search until they find what they are looking for, in my experience/opinion. I think CC will have as good a customer base as any photo site once word gets out.

Ed
REason

Post by REason »

I am not speaking for Constant Content; I am only going to relay industry practices.

It is industry practice not to have any logos or brand names in the photograph. There are exceptions to this rule. Technically editorial photography allows for this. With that said just this year, more and more stock agencies are rejecting photos with brand names, logos and trademarks. Even editorial shots.

The reason for this is simple, infringement. I can name half a dozen cases where companies are suing other companies for brand name and logo infringement. I remember one case where Metallica (the heavy metal music band) sued Maybelline cosmetics due to a new lipstick color being named Metallica. Maybelline complied and renamed it.