Locations

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

constant-content
Site Admin

Locations

Post by constant-content »

I would like to know where people are from... just curious.
mskatmoon

where I come from

Post by mskatmoon »

I hail from south east central Ohio (that's south east of Columbus metro area), Bremen Ohio. It's rural Ohio and the start of the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio. Been in Ohio all my life. Moved from a small town (Lima- 18 long years there) to Dayton, then to Columbus and now where I am currently. So I grew up in a small town and settled for a smaller town!
psharmon

Post by psharmon »

I'm from a small town on the coast of Maine, about 45 minutes north of Portland. Living on the coast, we get a lot of tourists that come up for the "lobstah".
candicep

Where I'm from

Post by candicep »

I'm from Lancaster, South Carolina. :-) You know.... you might be a red neck if you've ever been accused of lying through your "tooth"

Candicep
CassieB

Where I'm from, etc., etc., etc.

Post by CassieB »

I was born and raised in Cambridge, Ohio ( a very small town with a population of around 10 thousand people when I lived there) in the southeastern part of the state, halfway between Columbus, Ohio and Wheeling, West Va.

I went to OSU and lived in Columbus, Ohio for about 5 years before heading west to Los Angeles. I now live in San Diego and have for many years, after returning here after living in Miami for a while.
constant-content
Site Admin

Re: where I come from

Post by constant-content »

mskatmoon wrote:I hail from south east central Ohio (that's south east of Columbus metro area), Bremen Ohio. It's rural Ohio and the start of the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio. Been in Ohio all my life. Moved from a small town (Lima- 18 long years there) to Dayton, then to Columbus and now where I am currently. So I grew up in a small town and settled for a smaller town!
Been to Columbus many times, one particular time I remember is when I tried to enter a bar during a Michigan vs. Ohio State game. I was there for work and since I'm from Michigan, I had a Michigan hat on..... this didn't go over well.

My coworker and I went to 3 bars and finally ended up at Chilies to watch the game. We felt safer there :)
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

I'm from Louisiana. Pretty much grew up in the city, but moved to a some what small town. Since katrina hit it's turning into a city now =/. This place can't handle that many people but they keep on building *sighs*. I'm definitely moving now, lol. If anyone asks if where I live was flooded due to that hurricane I will scream... just a warning :p. Umm... I'd say more about where I live but it wouldn't be anything good, so it's kind of pointless unless you wish to hear me rant :p. Bad idea >.>. Anyway, is there anyone here who lives out of the country (US)?
malward

Post by malward »

I am from southern Ontario, Canada - about 60 miles west of Toronto. I live in the Grand River Valley, which is very picturesque. The rivers mouth is near Dundalk, Ontario and it runs into Lake Erie at Dunnsville. Great fishing around here. Come up and enjoy a weekend. It's especially beautiful in the fall.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

re: Location

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

I'm from Brisbane, Australia. It's lovely now that it's winter, but too hot altogether in summer! I would really like to live somewhere colder, but Sydney, Melbourne and even the Gold Coast are much more expensive, unfortunately.

Regards,

Lisa
www.webwritereditor.com
www.bookaddiction.blogspot.com
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I live in Temecula, California which is just north of San Diego county. We're about an hour from downtown San Diego, about 90 minutes from downtown LA. It's a beautiful and neat place to live but has been "discovered" and is now getting crowded and expensive like San Diego.

Born in Japan and have lived in the following places: Japan, Okinawa, Virgina, Guam, South Carolina, San Diego and Temecula. (not a military brat per se but close! - Dad was a NIS agent - now known as NCIS - He likes to tell everyone he's Mark Harmon)
Last edited by Celeste Stewart on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Been to Columbus many times, one particular time I remember is when I tried to enter a bar during a Michigan vs. Ohio State game. I was there for work and since I'm from Michigan, I had a Michigan hat on..... this didn't go over well.
Oi. :shock: I bet you learned your lesson pretty quick. I made the mistake of staying on campus for an OSU-Michigan game my Sophomore year. All I can remember is dodging showers of glass from the balcony and running past a burning couch.

Columbus is growing and getting nicer each year. So yeah, another Ohio native here. I live in Dayton, but often go to Cols. I officially declare Ohio as the spot for the first CC convention. ;)

Celeste, I've lived on Guam too. :o

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Well Hafa Adai Ed! When (and why) were you in Guam? I was there from about 1974-1979 I think - 3rd grade through 7th - We lived in the Windward Hills Golf Course neighborhood outside of Talafofo (forgive my spelling if it's wrong!)

We were there during Typhoon Pamela and it was something else --- but Katrina sure dwarfed Pamela. We had no water for weeks and no power for 6 months. We took baths in the creek, used pool water for toilet flushing. Our neighborhood was one of the first to get power restored. Mainly because the neighbors pooled their money and hired an electric crew from Hawaii to do it.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I was on Guam (Tamuning and Tumon) a couple of years ago. Went through a couple of magnitude 8 earthquakes and Supertyphoon Pongsona (I heard it rivaled Pam; at least that's what the locals said--I hear you about the power outages and water problems . . . we had the added bonus of a fire in one of the oil containers, so no one could drive anywhere either!). As for why I was there? Let's just say I'm a genuine Runaway.

While I'm glad that chapter in my life is over, what breaks my heart is all the guys who were "decompressing" there on their way from Afghanistan or Iraq. (And there were the guys who were on their way there, too--they were scared, though they wouldn't admit it.) Obviously suffering from depression and PTSD, though it's probably worse since I was there. I think about them whenever I see something in the news and wonder if I crossed paths with any of those guys.

Ed
mskatmoon

Re: where I come from

Post by mskatmoon »

constant wrote: Been to Columbus many times, one particular time I remember is when I tried to enter a bar during a Michigan vs. Ohio State game. I was there for work and since I'm from Michigan, I had a Michigan hat on..... this didn't go over well.

My coworker and I went to 3 bars and finally ended up at Chilies to watch the game. We felt safer there :)
Funny thing is? I am a very avid Michigan fan! Think how I feel around here, I feel all alone! My dad is from Northern Ohio and used to live here in Columbus. He used to have a whole bunch of UM stuff on his car and one day decided to drive down on OSU campus. How funny it was when we got the ugliest stares. I am surprised we didn't get burned, riots and the like. lol

We also used to attend Columbus Crew soccer games when they were still at the Horseshoe and my oldest daughter decided to yell real loud GO BLUE! That was quite interesting, the looks we got.
Celeste Stewart

Oh Ed, I forgot about the big earthquakes there! We were in a couple big ones too. We were driving on the highway and it felt like we had a flat tire and everyone pulled over looking at their tires -- we didn't find out until we got to Ace Hardware and it was completely flattened! What an adventure.