New Post O.O

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Galskygge

New Post O.O

Post by Galskygge »

Hey guys,

Well, since I'm the first to post here I'll try to think of something decent to put in this post. Hmm... does anyone here like to travel? Curiosity has struck. :p
eliza_ferree

traveling

Post by eliza_ferree »

Hmmm, I would love to travel. Now if you are meaning small trips up from one state to another we do that every couple of months. I live in NC and like to visit OH whenever possible (family lives there). I'm actually a traveler at heart, love to go camping, river rafting, etc. Haven't done it in years though. Think I might do it with the kids this year, not the river rafting part but the camping.

Well I think I slid off topic sorry. but I do like to travel, just don't do it as often as I'd like, even being in the military.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I try to go someone where tropical once a year with my wife. We have been to Hawaii, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Jamaica, Virgin Islands (most), Bahamas, and St. Thomas. I'm probably missing some but we almost find it as a necessity now. With out it I think we would both lose our minds the amount we work.

Then we have our Vegas trips too those we could probably do without ;)
Last edited by constant-content on Sat May 27, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

Any kind of traveling/trips is fine, Eliza.

Lol, admin! What is it like in Jamaica? It looks pretty in pictures, lol, but past that I have not seen. Are the locals friendly?

I just started traveling at the end of December, December 31st to be exact. I went to Colorado, and stayed with some friends. I liked it there a lot. Lol, feeling 28 degrees in the morning was definitely different for me. I live in Louisiana, so it's always hot and humid. In Colorado it isn't hot and it isn't humid. Once you get used to the cold it really isn't that bad. It's rather nice.
mskatmoon

travel locally

Post by mskatmoon »

We travel mostly locally and maybe state. I have traveled to other states but we don't get to do it much. Money is a huge factor especially now that the gas prices are way up there.

We are planning a trip to Tennessee the first two weeks in July for a family vacation. About 25 of us are meeting up and doing some family crap together! It's with my husband's family. But I don't mind them. They are very nice and down to earth people. So it will be a great vacation I think.

I have traveled to Massachusetts in the past five years (twice) and we have stopped over near Seneca New York to Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. We want to do that this year in August. But I will be seven months pregnant and that might not go over well.

We do a lot of in state travel to parks, both local and state and to historical sites. I homeschool the kids so we get in travel to these places whenever we can.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I want to play! Aaah, a tropical paradise every year? I would love that! Good for you. I was lucky enough to actually live in the tropics for years growing up but I didn't appreciate it at the time. Drat!

We mostly do regional trips. We live in Southern California so everything is about an hour away, the mountains, the beach, the desert, Mexico etc.... so that's nice and convenient. We try to do a weeklong ski trip once a year either to Mt Bachelor, Oregon, Park City, UT or June Mtn, CA with June Mountain being our favorite since it's so close, inexpensive and uncrowded! Ssssshhh, don't tell anyone!

Then we like to do something in the summer too - Yosemite, Arizona, Oregon, local Southern CA stuff..... Haven't gone anywhere exotic since my daughter was born 5 years ago....

One of my intentions is to randomly pick a state each year and go check it out. Haven't actually done it but I did pull a state out of a hat a few years ago and it was Missouri, so I guess Missouri is in my future as a tourist destination! A friend told me she went there on vacation and thought it was great! So we'll see.....
candicep

Love to travel

Post by candicep »

Hi Everyone,

I love to travel too. Several years ago my dad started doing travel photography. He takes me and my two sons along sometimes - it's great! So far we were able to go to Niagara Falls in Canada several times, Florida, Natural Bridge in Virginia, West Virginia mountains in the fall (beautiful), Stone Mountain in Georgia and several lighthouses in Maine. My favorite of all is Niagara Falls. It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen and the blue water rapids with white caps leading to the falls and down the gorge are absolutely gorgeous!!! You must go there. The kids have a ball at Marineland and the main strip near the falls. Plenty to do for the family.

I'll be traveling to Paducah Kentucky soon for a Baptist Camp Meeting. I'm really excited about the trip and the church services - over 50 pastors, missionaries and evangelists come and many of them give messages. Also, there's lots of great singing. It's a real blessing.
Anyway, enough of my travel tales!!!

Candicep
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Galskygge wrote:Any kind of traveling/trips is fine, Eliza.

Lol, admin! What is it like in Jamaica? It looks pretty in pictures, lol, but past that I have not seen. Are the locals friendly?
To be honest Jamaica was my least favorite vacation. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful and still fun, but we didn't leave the resort that much since we were talked out of it. When we did leave we went to safe places, but were hounded by locals all the time.

I went cliff diving and all the local kids were waiting at the bottom for me to loose my watch, rings, and wallet. Luckily I was told about this in advance and removed those items.

By the way everyone is a drug dealer.... your taxi driver, bell boy, front desk, people on the beach, etc. "Hey Buddy... You Smoke?"
Ed

Post by Ed »

What is this "travel" that you speak of? It must be one of those wanton pleasures people experience with a combination of time and money. ;)

Actually, Eastern Europe is my favorite. Some day you'll wake up and all your articles will have been approved overnight . . . because I'll have moved to Prague or Moscow.

Ed
Galskygge

Post by Galskygge »

constant wrote:To be honest Jamaica was my least favorite vacation. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful and still fun, but we didn't leave the resort that much since we were talked out of it. When we did leave we went to safe places, but were hounded by locals all the time.

I went cliff diving and all the local kids were waiting at the bottom for me to loose my watch, rings, and wallet. Luckily I was told about this in advance and removed those items.

By the way everyone is a drug dealer.... your taxi driver, bell boy, front desk, people on the beach, etc. "Hey Buddy... You Smoke?"
Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. I've never heard anyone mention anything like that before. You've supplied good reasons not to visit there, lol.

I'd like to take another trip to Colorado. I'd love to visit all of the parks there to go hiking.

By the way, post some new threads if you want, guys :p. Lol, if I have to I will post new ones myself.