Article with the most downloads for usage.

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sonia

Article with the most downloads for usage.

Post by Sonia »

I'm curious to know what to expect when it comes to how many times an article is downloaded for usage. What's the maximum amount of downloads for usage that you know of for any one article on CC so far?

Sonia
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I have one or two articles that have sold multiple times (maybe five or so) for usage rights but I'm probably not the best measure of usage sales as most of what I offer is for full or unique rights. For me, usage hasn't been the "deal" though others have been more successful going this route. I've found greater success going for full rights and writing on spec.
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Thanks for your answer, Celeste. I think five downloads for usage of one article is pretty good. If you list an article for $25 for use and sell it five times, I feel you've made a decent amount of money for a one-time work effort.

Sonia
Celeste Stewart

Yes, it's decent money when I can sell an article five times over but for me it's not the norm. With thousands of articles sold, very few have gone that route. When they do, it's like icing on the cake.

Of course I'm not focusing on selling use and actually discourage it through my pricing strategy so I'm not the best example. I'm sure others have had more luck than I have with that type of license. My preference is to sell one article in the hundreds of dollars range rather than one article over and over for twenty bucks a pop. :D
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Best of Luck to you!

Sonia
Celeste Stewart

I've done pretty well for myself here if I do say so myself :)
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

I know you have. I was just sincerely wishing you a continuation of your luck.

Sonia
Celeste Stewart

8) same to you. There are many different strategies here and different success stories --- which is pretty cool. Explore and experiment and see what works for you! We're all here to help you find your way.
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

Sonia,

I noticed there are several authors who sell "use" rights on most of their articles & I think some may ONLY sell "use"....maybe one of them will reply to your post. I have only sold a few of mine under "use", but have the hopes of them selling over & over. I price mine at 1/4 of my fullrights price, but if they sell 3 times I would make what I "really" wanted. GOOD LUCK to you!!!!

Catnipp333
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Thanks for your input Catnipp. Good Luck to you as well!

Sonia