Paid in US or Canadian Dollars?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gorgygirl

Paid in US or Canadian Dollars?

Post by gorgygirl »

I have not received my payment for July. I sent an e-mail to CC Support and reply was that I need to make sure my PayPal account can accept Canadien dollars. This is the first time I've had this problem. I've gotten paid before without having to accept Canadien dollars. What's happening? Did I miss something?
Lysis

Re: Paid in US or Canadian Dollars?

Post by Lysis »

You get paid on the 1st and the 15th and it's US dollars.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Hi gorgygirl,
I almost always receive payments on the 2nd of each month in US dollars. Perhaps they mean your settings on Paypal need to show that you can accept Canadian dollars? This Paypal link tells you more, but I'm no expert. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpcent ... 0011&m=TKB

Get in touch with CC again if the link doesn't help, and let us know how you go! :D

Abba May
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

ooops, I should say that you get paid twice a month only if you have it in your account settings!
gorgygirl

Post by gorgygirl »

Hi Lysis and Abbamay,

I talked with PayPal and they gave me steps on how to accept Canadian payments, which I have done. I've always gotten paid by CC in US dollars before and never had any problem getting payments. Constant Content Support sent me an e-mail signed Support only with no employee name or employee number. I'm a little suspicious about all of this now. CC Support said that I just have to go back again and enable my Paypal account not to block Canadian payments. That sounds daffy and suspicious to me, as I've followed all the PayPal steps. Fishy? Fishy? I'll let you know how this is resolved. Thanks.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Just want to clarify a few points on this. The issue isn't that we're sending payment in Canadian dollars - we're not. We send payments out in USD. The issue is that we're getting an error message when we try to send the payment along saying that the recipient doesn't accept payments from Canadian accounts.
gorgygirl

Post by gorgygirl »

Hi Constant,

Thank you for the explanation. I will contact PayPal again to get to the bottom of this.
gorgygirl

Post by gorgygirl »

Once CC knew I had a problem, it sent my payment quickly in USD. However, since I had changed my PayPal account at CC's request to accept money from Canadian accounts, PayPal charged a transaction fee that was 7 % of the amount I was to be paid because money from a Canadian account is an international transaction. (CC has a Canadian address and a Washington state address.) This never happened to me before with a CC payment. However, I contacted PayPal and it did a one-time courtesy reversal of the transaction fee, so I got the full amount I was due. I have sent CC an e-mail about this unexpected transaction fee because, of course, I do not want this to happen again. So far, CC has responded promptly to all my questions about this problem. I hope to hear from CC soon about a solution so I can get future payments without a transaction fee taken out of the money I've earned.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

What a hassle, gorgygirl! Sorry you had to go through that. I hope it's resolved soon. In my experience CC is pretty wonderful about replying and trying to be helpful.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Wow this sounds like a lot of hassle. I'm in Australia and receive regular payments from CC in US dollars without any problem since 2008. If I'd known we had the option of receiving Canadian dollars, I would have done that simply because the exchange rate from CAD to AUD is far more favorable than USD to AUD.