The problem with "use"

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I also agree that some customers just don't realize -- they see the cheaper price and grab it. They may know they can only use it once but it might not register that ANY alteration is a strict no-no. I can see where use is good for unloading old stuff that's already circulating but I can't see pricing articles for specific requests and offering them a cheap usage option.

Likewise, if I were a customer placing a request, out of respect for the author's time and effort, I'd buy the articles at the higher unique or full rights price, even if I only wanted to use it one time and wasn't worried about unique content. It just seems like the right thing to do. $5 for a custom article is a steal and I'm not willing to leave my doors unlocked....

There's a current request right now that has a tight budget which is fine so long as we know that going in. The stated range is $10 to $20 however the articles being bought are being purchased for $5 usage. I don't know about the rest of the writers but I might be willing to sell a $15 to $20 article if I can write it quickly enough. But $3 after the cut (or even the full $5 for that matter) isn't worth the time it takes to upload the article and wait for approval let alone research and write it.

Boy, am I cranky this week or what? Must be the first week of summer vacation...

Also, occasionally customers do ask you to work outside of CC. It's not worth it in my eyes. I've had offers (as I'm sure many of us have) and I'm not willing to break my agreement with CC. Believe it or not, many customers respect it when you stick up for your obligations.

And yes, CC will help you if you ever run into odd usage with your articles. Just contact them via the support link and let them know what's going on.
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

I've seen some articles where the person uploading them has listed the same price for Use, Unique, and Full Rights. It would seem to me that that would be an excellent way to encourage the buyer to purchase the full rights to the article, rather than either of the other two.

Also, I just wanted to mention--authors, please do police your work. CC is here to help us if we find problems (:blows kisses to CC:), but think about it...if it's overwhelming to us to keep track of our five or ten or two hundred articles, how much more overwhelming would it be for CC to try to do that many multiplied by the number of authors on the site?! So, definitely, be prepared to Google your own articles and contact CC if there's a problem. (Oh, and don't be concerned if your articles don't show up in a Google search. Don't forget, some of our customers want articles for newsletters, procrastinate putting articles up on their website, etc.)
Ed

Post by Ed »

Please also remember that going around Constant Content and selling directly to customers is against our policy.

Having the opportunity to write for all of our customers, rather than one who thinks they'll get a better deal if they don't go through Constant Content, is worth more than getting banned from writing for Constant Content.

Ed
Read the Constant Content Blog!