Elements of Style Humor to Start Your Week!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Elements of Style Humor to Start Your Week!

Post by Judith »

Evelyn

Re: Elements of Style Humor to Start Your Week!

Post by Evelyn »

A grammar joke PLUS a fanfiction joke!! Never thought I'd see the day. I've helped this go viral by posting it to my kid on Facebook. Thanks for sharing!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I didn't get it... but than I don't follow fan fiction. Here is some background from Wikipedia:

The characters are referring to a popular style guide, known by the last names of the authors.

There are four main categories that refer to the romantic or sexual story elements in fan fiction. "Slash", "Heterosexual", "Femslash", and "General" or "Gen". In almost all fandoms, slash refers to same-sex male pairings. The term originates from the slash between the names of the characters in a relationship (e.g. Kirk/Spock). Although all pairings are denoted with a slash, only same-sex pairings are referred to by that term. Femslash, or sometimes femmeslash, refers to same-sex female pairings. Het, an abbreviation for "heterosexual," refers to opposite sex pairings (e.g. Bolt and Mittens [FF for Bolt (2008 film)]). Gen is an abbreviation for "general" and refers to stories which do not contain a romantic or sexual plot.
More women than men read romantic fan fiction. While men who are attracted to an actress often search for revealing photographs of her, women attracted to an actor often seek out erotic stories with a character he plays. A fan of Orlando Bloom, for example, might search for "Legolas erotica".[11]
Judith

Post by Judith »

Evelyn wrote:A grammar joke PLUS a fanfiction joke!! Never thought I'd see the day. I've helped this go viral by posting it to my kid on Facebook. Thanks for sharing!
I gave it to my grandchildren and they loved it. I received it in an e-mail from another "old" writer. :mrgreen:
Judith

Post by Judith »

jadedragon wrote:I didn't get it... but than I don't follow fan fiction. Here is some background from Wikipedia:

The characters are referring to a popular style guide, known by the last names of the authors.

There are four main categories that refer to the romantic or sexual story elements in fan fiction. "Slash", "Heterosexual", "Femslash", and "General" or "Gen". In almost all fandoms, slash refers to same-sex male pairings. The term originates from the slash between the names of the characters in a relationship (e.g. Kirk/Spock). Although all pairings are denoted with a slash, only same-sex pairings are referred to by that term. Femslash, or sometimes femmeslash, refers to same-sex female pairings. Het, an abbreviation for "heterosexual," refers to opposite sex pairings (e.g. Bolt and Mittens [FF for Bolt (2008 film)]). Gen is an abbreviation for "general" and refers to stories which do not contain a romantic or sexual plot.
More women than men read romantic fan fiction. While men who are attracted to an actress often search for revealing photographs of her, women attracted to an actor often seek out erotic stories with a character he plays. A fan of Orlando Bloom, for example, might search for "Legolas erotica".[11]
You are almost ready to write an article!!! :)
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

My kid scored a $2,500 grant to research fanfiction through her university. Fanfiction pays!

She's also a sometime writer here... Maybe I should poke her to write about fanfiction. Wonder who would buy those articles?
Judith

Post by Judith »

Evelyn wrote:My kid scored a $2,500 grant to research fanfiction through her university. Fanfiction pays!

She's also a sometime writer here... Maybe I should poke her to write about fanfiction. Wonder who would buy those articles?
There's a buyer out there somewhere! And congrats on her grant!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

All my post proves is I can copy from wikipedia.

I did a little more looking. Turns out there is some really funny Shrunk/White stuff out there.