Yay! A Baby!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Antonia

Yay! A Baby!

Post by Antonia »

Hi dear CC friends,

I've been off the forums & not writing so much lately because I was working on another project: a baby :)
Baby Sebu was born May 30, healthy, happy and weirdly strong...I didn't know newborns could lift their heads and roll onto their sides! He is a funny & loving little guy with a huge personality. Strangely, now that he's here I am lot more motivated to get back into the game (maybe because I don't want to raise him in a cardboard box??) and am taking every chance to write.

I know plenty of you CCers schedule your writing around small children so feel free to share any tips you have for being productive in between naps & feeds. These days I am lucky if I write even one article per day, but I'd like to gradually get back up to 6-10. My respect for WAHMs has shot sky-high!
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Re: Yay! A Baby!

Post by Judith »

WOW!! Congratulations!! :) How exciting for you. I certainly wish you and your little one much happiness. I'm sure he will be your inspiration for many articles!!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congrats! That's awesome. Enjoy these moments, they go fast! For now, sleep when the baby sleeps. Once you recover a bit and the baby sleeps well at night, you'll soon find naptime is great for writing.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Congratulations Antonia! Well done on your new project! Welcome to the wonderful world of motherhood!
happywriter

Post by happywriter »

Congrats, Antonio! :D
CRDonovan

Post by CRDonovan »

Congratulations Antonia! Babies are beyond wonderful. Enjoy.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Antonia, I'm currently mothering a 19-year-old college student, but I remember when she first popped into existence. I took three months off and then jumped right back into full-time college and part-time work.

As your sweetie gets a little older, take time off from him each day. This makes you a better parent and lets him interact with other adults when you're not around--a very healthy situation for all. Get a loved one to watch him for a few hours while you do stuff for yourself (or write, if that's what you feel like doing).

Getting away may be especially hard if you've been working from home before he came along, so make sure you keep up any friendships or outside activities once you feel stronger and less tired. Those things can so easily slip away if you don't watch out.

Cuddle him lots! I toted my daughter to school and work in a front baby carrier. She knew all about Physics 101 and the inner workings of a computer lab before she could even sit up! You'd be surprised at how well a baby can sleep when his/her little ear is an inch away from your heart.

Blessings to you and your family. :D
AndrewMich

Post by AndrewMich »

Congrats! Amdist all the negitive news in the media this is a terrific thing to hear! Wishing you and your family the best of health!

Best Regards,
AM
jak

Post by jak »

Congratulations Antonia. That is lovely news.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Congratulations, Antonia! :D

~S
JD

Post by JD »

Congrats, Antonia!

Best wishes,

Jane
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Thanks for all the well-wishing and wise advice, everyone!

Evelyn - we are using a baby wrap and a sling, and you're right, the baby sleeps beautifully in them. Only problem is he doesn't sleep so well at night :) I've even managed to get some writing done while wearing him and gently bouncing on an exercise ball in front of my laptop.