Newbie with a pricing question.

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Dayspring

Newbie with a pricing question.

Post by Dayspring »

Hey all.

Sorry if this belongs more in the Q+A forum. Basically, I was wondering if you guys could suggest how I should price for Usage and Unique rights? My intention is to price $30-40 for 500 words at Full Rights, but I have no idea what I should do for Unique and Usage on those same articles. On ones where I want to sell only Full, I figured I'd list all three at the same price. Thoughts?

Thanks so much for any and all advice! :)
KinsleyRoyale

Re: Newbie with a pricing question.

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

your pricing for full sounds like the commonly paid price. I usually put my usage lower because the idea is it can sell often and they won't want to pay as high for something used elsewhere. I only add unique if I want self-promotion--to make a name for myself, which is like never.

I sometimes put it $5 or so lower than full just to give an option.
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

I rarely list my usage below $15.

I sometimes base my price on how long it took me, rather than how many words. Sometimes the shortest things take more research and are the darndest things to edit. Also I'll see what's selling. Look in the "Recently Sold" section.
Dayspring

Post by Dayspring »

Thanks for the feedback!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I just sold a spec article in a real estate niche for $150 (and it was not really long or anything). It took a few months to sell, but pretty much everything that gets approved here sells at some point. Writing and posting on Constant Content is like saving money in the bank and than waiting for the deposits to pay out.