Revenue Sharing Writing Site Memberships

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

BarryDavidson

Revenue Sharing Writing Site Memberships

Post by BarryDavidson »

Has anyone else tried Triond here? I know a few do (that's how I found out in the first place), but I was curious as to how many - at least here among the forum goers.

The reason I ask is because it appears that the statistics there seems to be a little different from most sites. I don't mean the writing itself, but how they count page views. From what I'm seeing, now that I'm actually paying attention, it counts visits on a twenty-four hour basis. In other words, it will count the same IP address once per day. So, if you have twenty-five articles up, and visit each page every day, you will have twenty-five views per day. In addition, if you had three friends who visited those pages once per day, you'd have one hundred views per day (allowing for a small percentage of those visits not counted because of page errors and such).

I put my articles that aren't quite up to CC's guidelines up there. The only thing I'm not liking about Triond, aside from the fact its a revenue sharing site, is all the crap posted on it's sites. Basically, it's Helium but spread out over multiple sites under the parent company. Unlike Helium however, you can delete the articles you posted there.

Put the links to your Triond profileup here, and I'll try to become a fan of you.

InfoBarrel Profile

Helium Profile

Infobarrel looks like it has a greater chance of revenues, but I just don't have the time to post a bunch of unique articles there. It uses Adsense, Amazon Associates, and Chitika ads.

Again, Helium is a pain in the butt, but I'd already posted some things there before I lerned of Constant Content.

What other sites do we have out there?
jak

Re: Triond

Post by jak »

I looked at Triond but didn't like the part of their terms and conditions which says you give them the right to use your coentnt in any way they see fit. That looks to me like they could make loads of money out of it that you wouldn't even know about. I've seen this on some other sites too and always fight shy of them. I won't write for Helium's Marketplace now since, even if the work reverts to their site they have full rights for very little money. I once got $5 for a stock content sale there & goodness knows how much they made out of it; but at least I still kept the rights to the piece. Now I just use Helium to get more revenue for stuff that's sold for usage here.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I don't post on Helium anymore because of the rights issues. On Triond, I can delete my work at any time. The "anything they see fit" clause covers them putting it on one of their multiple servers (Socyberty, Computersight, Purpleslinky, etc.). My Triond account has gotten more page impressions than just about any of my other writing accounts, Helium included.

On Helium you can't delete your work, ever assign exclusive rights, and they have a lot of power over your work. They can sell your work, give you a pittance, and you have to take it because of that thirty-plus page agreement you checked when you joined.
jak

Post by jak »

Thanks Barry. I'll look into it some more.