Never too late to sell an article

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Never too late to sell an article

Post by Sharion »

I know that newbies worry if an article does not sell in a week or two. I recently sold the first article I ever submitted to CC written over a year ago. I've had some sell the same day they hit the boards while others, like that first article, waited patiently for just the right buyer. If you write it, your odds are excellent that sooner or later it will sell. Never give up the hope!
aprilk10

Re: Never too late to sell an article

Post by aprilk10 »

If you write it...they will come... :P

Sorry, this is the first thing that popped into my head when I read this! The very first article I posted on here sold about 9 months later...I guess you could say it "gave birth." Sorry...my comments are lame tonight! :oops:
HayleyWriter

Re: Never too late to sell an article

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all,

I just sold one of my articles that I wrote over a year ago. :D It was a seasonal article and I'd forgotten I'd written it until I got the email that it had sold. Actually, I think it was a public request that I then priced higher once the requester chose other articles. I once thought about dropping the price when an article didn't sell straight away, but now, I just set my price and wait for the sale. In this case, it paid off! I love getting emails that I have sold an article I'd forgotten about, especially when the article sells for $70 for full rights! For all the new writers, take encouragement from this. Keep writing and filling your portfolio with interesting articles and the sales will come. Set your price at what you think is fair and don't think you have to sell articles at low prices just because other writers may do so. You can sell articles for more than $30 here! :wink:

Kind regards,

Hayley