Repetitive Stress Injuries

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CBrittain

Repetitive Stress Injuries

Post by CBrittain »

Barg! I've had RSIs in both arms for 4-6 months. Granted, in the spring I started a course and was typing all day long and foolishly not taking weekends, which is not the norm for me.

I'm looking for affirmation here. Has anyone else had RSIs or general discomfort from typing, and if so, how long did it take to clear up? I'm starting to wonder if I'll be like this forever. I've tried everything, and physio is not an option. I've been resting mostly, typing very little. My head hasn't stopped producing ideas, but I'm trapped in a frozen body. I'm about to explode! :(
cosmo

Re: Repetitive Stress Injuries

Post by cosmo »

Sorry bout the injury man. I've also had my aches and pains, but nothing like that. You could try a voice recognition software as an alternative. Don't know how well it would work though. Hope you get better soon.
CBrittain

Post by CBrittain »

Yeah, I wondered about the voice recognition thing. It seems like a bit of a transition, but it might be worth it...
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you have Windows 7, voice recognition is built right in. It's pretty easy, too.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

I had RSI about 15 years ago, so I know your pain. Ack! I cut back on typing (didn't eliminate) and took large doses of vitamin B12. It cleared up completely in about six weeks, and now when I feel twinges I just take B12 for a week or two and the twinges go away.

Pay close attention to your posture, too. If your chair's not right, you'll stress your neck and shoulder and that works down to your wrist. Get a chiropractic adjustment and you'll also find the pain easing up faster.

Speaking from personal experience--you'll want to avoid trowling on 2000 square feet of stucco, too. Working a trowel loaded with two pounds of concrete over and over all day long really gets the wrist going. :D

Good luck! It'll pass.