Twitter, anyone?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WordCraft

Twitter, anyone?

Post by WordCraft »

Does anyone on CC have a writing-related Twitter following?

If so, can the links be posted here for discussion? (I'm still not sure what we can and cannot disclose in these forums! :D )

I'd like to see how many Twits we have on Constant Content :wink:
BarryDavidson

Re: Twitter, anyone?

Post by BarryDavidson »

I have a Twitter account, but I don't think I've ever used it. I'd be curious myself to see how many use Twitter for article writing purposes, and if it helps at all. Most of the writers I know on Twitter are fiction and poetry authors.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I use Twitter and have had terrific luck with it. I've landed several clients, have posted CC articles and sold them (one was a "holiday special" or something like that and it sold right after I tweeted it and the guy had me write another article soon after), and have connected with other non-fiction writers. Not only that, my experience on Twitter has inspired many article ideas. Plus, I have a client that uses me to tweet for three of her websites. I have to say that goofy as Twitter may be, it's been very profitable for me.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

I have three Twitter accounts, but never thought to use one to promote my CC articles...hmm, I don't think I have any email addresses left :lol:

Celeste, you must PM me your account name so we can compete..I mean..follow each other 8)
Celeste Stewart

I use my name as my Twitter name.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

Wow, there are a lot of people with your name (or are they all your accounts? :lol: ) on Twitter. Anyway, signed up to the two that are definitely your ones (has your pic in them).
Celeste Stewart

That's funny. I know about a basketball player with the same name but I only have two Twitter accounts that use the Celeste Stewart name. All the others belong to other Celestes.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

I added you Celeste. I'll add anyone else if you'd care to put up your SN here.
jak

Post by jak »

I signed up with Twitter because I was commissioned to write regular tweets for some clients. So far I haven't done a great deal with my own account. I reckon before I do that, I need some followers, otherwise who reads them? Anyway I'll check out you and Celeste, Barry. My moniker there is jeanknill
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

My Twitter name is OldeWorldeWords. I'm trying to keep words from dying out!

I've added you jeanknill.

Anyone else? :D
Karbyn

Post by Karbyn »

I have Twitter, too, but with poor results due to my own low efforts.

However, since I have recently lost my job, perhaps I'll be making more of an effort soon, eh?

just @karbyn (as my plain old name)
raziel

Post by raziel »

I have a Twitter acount but I never use it. Maybe now I'll have some more activity because I gt a new phone and can get on twitter
LyndseyShepherd

Post by LyndseyShepherd »

I finally decided to try Twitter, too. I'm hoping that it motivates me to write more,so I have something to tweet! My name there is the same - @LyndseyShepherd.
michaelsmoker

Post by michaelsmoker »

I have a Twitter account as well, @michaelsmoker (I think). Some people swear by Twitter as a promotional tool, but my experience is that writers tend to accumulate mostly fellow writer Twitter followers, who are busy promoting their own work and don't read any tweets they receive. The best results I've had from Twitter have been when someone has Googled my article and then retweeted it to their circle of contacts, with whom I have no connection. That can result in an earnings spike on a revenue-share site, but is of limited usefulness for marketplace work.

Michael
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I have a Twitter account for my photography business but to be honest never thought about it for writing. I may considered a second account for that purpose. It has been an excellent tool for my photography sales.