Twitter, anyone?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Twitter, anyone?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I've found several good clients by using Twitter. Use the Twitter search function and search for terms like "need a freelance writer" or "need a writer" or "anyone know a writer" and you'll sometimes find people looking for help - in real time. If you use HootSuite, you can create a column for your search terms and always see the latest related tweets. Keep an eye on it and then respond to those that interest you. It works!

Several others have found me because they searched for writing related terms and my tweets showed up (because I was tweeting about things like "writing" and "web content."
DennyK

Post by DennyK »

I have two Twitter accounts and, like some others, have not used it to promote myself much. I suppose sometimes opportunity is too close to fully recognize.
My accounts are: DennyKnip and DKnipfer
VersantScribe

Post by VersantScribe »

I have a Twitter, but I'm still trying to get the hang of using it. It's hard to know how often to Tweet and when to interact. I see comments made by people that I want to respond to, but by the time I read it they've tweeted about 10 other things and my comments are no longer "relevant" to their conversation. I'll start to get the hang of it as I use it more consistently, I'm sure.

I tweet as @KMWriting.