Article declined, weird!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Article declined, weird!

Post by Sharion »

I got a strange email from Constant Content this morning. The subject line was "Article Declined: nameOfArticle".

I don't have any articles in the queue for acceptance/rejection and the article itself was one that had been written, accepted, and sold for usage not long ago.

I had submitted it to a Public Request that came up even though it had already sold once for usage, you never know! The "declined" email was telling me that my article had not been purchased by the public requester and would go back into the available articles pool.

This must be something new because I never got an email like that before when my public requests weren't purchased. Odder yet is that I submitted other articles to that same request and none of the others got a "declined" email even though they were not chosen and are now apparently in the public pool again.

Seeing the words "Article Declined" for a moment felt just like seeing the word "reviewed" which the mind's eye always translates to "rejected."

I guess it's good to be notified when the transition takes place but it made me feel totally rejected to see those words.

Presumably others have started getting these emails. Weird it was only one of the articles unless the other emails are en route. If so, it will be a sad day, LOL!
Antonia

Re: Article declined, weird!

Post by Antonia »

I think we only get those emails if the buyer actually clicks on something to decline the article. If they are "passively" declined we don't get a notification. I could be wrong about this though.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I think this happens when you submit an article to a public request and the public requester chooses not to purchase it and clicks the "decline" button (I'm not sure there's such a thing) before it naturally expires.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I had the same happen. I am assuming it was likely the same request. I had submitted 4 articles to that request. Oddly, I received emails yesterday that 3 of them had been declined and returned to the pool of available articles for sale. I say oddly because they had been returned a few days ago! :-) Thankfully, the requester did purchase one of my articles, though the 3 "declined" e-mails were rather disheartening! I have noticed the emails have been particularly slow lately. I have a private request client who sends me a message (those come through as soon as she sends them though) when she sends requests, yet I don't actually receive the requests themselves until a day or two later! Oh well, not a big deal...just a little strange sometimes! :-)
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

I've never had any notifications about public request articles - I've never had anyone buy one yet (obviously my own articles are much more popular :D ).