Non CC profile question

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WordCraft

Non CC profile question

Post by WordCraft »

Would I be correct in saying that I can state, in a profile on my own website, that I am a CC author - but that I cannot point people to my profile (i.e. reveal my CC username?)

Thanks.
Antonia

Re: Non CC profile question

Post by Antonia »

There's no problem in revealing your username, and in fact CC even offers a widget to make it easier for you. See http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... lit=widget.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

Thanks Antonia!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Additionally WordCraft, you can place your affiliate link on your website or blog (also in account info I think). If any other authors sign up under your link you will receive 5% of their sales (taken out of CC's cut). This won't make you rich by any means, but may provide a few extra dollars here and there if one of your affiiates is successful. Unfortunately, I think the majority who create accounts here never submit more than 1 or 2 articles before giving up. Some never even submit the 1st one!
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

We can market our own articles here, if we want to Word Craft. We just can't publish or post any portion of an article we are selling for full rights. If it has sold for use, by all means, post it elsewhere or shout from the rooftops that you wrote it! :) There is also nothing wrong with admitting who you are here. I use my real name as my author name and forum name. There have been times when I wish I had thought more about using a pen name, like others, so I could easily keep separation between my professional and personal life. However, it has acted as filter that I might need. I don't write anything I am afraid to have my name attached to, and believe, this has prevented some bad writing ideas.

Anyway, there is nothing that prevents you from posting a link to your profile, or linking to your articles.