Need to make some money - ideas?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Re: Need to make some money - ideas?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Not necessarily. Keep it simple - don't try to write a whole book.

For example, I think I'm going to write about changing the default.dotx template based on another forum discussion today. When answering that question, I realized that the topic would make a good article. First, it's searchable - people want to learn how to do that. Second, it's an extremely narrow topic. Third, the steps are easy: find the template, make your changes, save it. I'm guessing it will take me 20 minutes to write at most and won't need a video or graphic in order to be clear and easy to follow. Again, I won't need to research as I know how to do this. I will do the steps myself to make sure I don't leave anything out, but I don't anticipate needing to fuss over it too much.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

You could write a tutorial on why people should remember that most other people do not have the latest Excel/Word and that, consequently, they should distribute their files in the .doc and .xls (not .docx, not .xlsx) format so as to not compel others to have to download compatability/viewer software :roll:

Pet peeve of mine :lol:
(just updated to 2002/3 a year ago!)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yep, wrote and sold that one a long time ago :)

See, now you're talking. While I wrote about how to change the default from .docx to .doc, you could write about how to open .docx files in Word 2003. (Download the compatibilty pack from Microsoft and you'll be able to open those files no problem.)