Weird Email - I HATE this kind of thing

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

HayleyWriter

Weird Email - I HATE this kind of thing

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I am still alive - just had a couple of rough months. I am planning on being more active within the forum again - my August resolution.

Anyway, I received an odd email this morning on the CC system. I hope no-one is stupid enough to take this person up on his "offer". The email is below. I have deleted the contact details and I have alerted Support. Hopefully, Support can nip this sort of thing in the bud quickly. It reflects badly on CC if people think that buying articles for $4 is ok. These articles are probably formed by article spinners and would be not suitable for "resale" on CC whose higher quality standards would reject such articles. The link was for associated content. By the way, watch out for unscrupulous authors or buyers who make low offers on full rights articles here. They could be doing the same thing!

Here is the email:

From Customer Markbanovich
To Author Hayleywriter
Subject buy articles with $4 and sell them for $40
Sent On Sun, Aug 1 of 2010 at 03:14 PM
My Content is King,Generate Real revenue with my Content

Hi

This is an Exclusive offer to you.I got ready made finance articles ready for sale.These articles are real traffic pullers and I saw your site/blog it totally matches with the theme.I am capable of supplying 50-100+ articles/week on regular basis.Each articles are unique ,original copy-scape passed and written my experienced Financial Coaches and Content Managers.

I will be selling each article for Just $4.0 each(No Negotiation pls,rate is cheap enough).

If you are willing to buy just let me know.No Advance payment Required.Get my articles in your inbox be happy and content with my content and then pay.

If you pay

1>You win the exclusive copyright for these articles,that means i wont be publishing these articles anywhere on web

2>I will be supplying articles to you on regular basis at the same rate just like my other clients.

so be nice and pay ill show my loyalty to you.

Payment mode via paypal ..get beck to me if intrested.

follow this link to check few sample articles
(deleted link)

you can contact me ( Content Manager Mark Banovich)

at (deleted)

Expecting a speedy reply

regards

Regards

Pretty bad isn't it? Anyway, just wanted to share my concern and warn any new writers who might receive just emails that this sort of behaviour is in no way acceptable on CC.

Kind regards,

Hayley
Debbi

Re: Weird Email - I HATE this kind of thing

Post by Debbi »

Glad to see you, Hayley!

Wonder where that "person" is stealing the articles from?
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Yep, I just got the same email this morning. Sigh. I wonder if he's working through us in alphabetical order, or just what?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Same here. I forwarded the email to David Kool just in case he hasn't been made aware of this yet. I so want to write the guy back and tell him I'd be happy to provide him with editing services at a rate of $60 per hour to clean up his copy so that it would be good enough to sell for $4 a pop. . . LOL. Sheesh. Buy a clue.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

I love the:

"so be nice and pay and Ill show my loyalty."

Be nice and pay? What rock has this guy been living under? How on earth could I possibly think he would be loyal selling articles for $4. Sad part is there are probably people that take him up on his ridiculous offer.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If they do, they'll be throwing their money away because it's doubtful CC will accept the content based on the grammar in this guy's sales pitch. I'm thinking most of us will be mean and ignore the guy. It's annoying though, isn't it?
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I got a response from Basil in Support saying they had suspended the guy's account, so hopefully we won't get any more emails like this. I think it's funny that the "exclusive" offer to me wasn't exclusive at all! Do these guys actually understand what words mean?
cherylannej

Post by cherylannej »

I just posted this comment below to a separate thread and then managed to find your original exchange on this subject....!
----
Now, somewhere in Forums (not sure where...I've read so many!) I'm sure I've read a long thread about customer 'Markbanovich' having been banned from CC for making inappropriate suggestions (about articles) direct to writers....it was a very serious exchange and he had reportedly indulged in some appalling behavior. I am shocked to see his name still on the Request list for 'business articles' and it hasn't yet expired. What if writers are preparing submissions for a rogue who has no real buying intent?