Submitophobia

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mrgamboloyd

Submitophobia

Post by mrgamboloyd »

A good day to all.

I had a first rejection back in December (silly mistakes) and I have now found I seem to suffer from submitophobia. It took me nearly 2 weeks to submit my next article, and have been tentatively waiting over a week for acceptance. I now have no nails left, more grey hair and a partner that deserves a medal for patience. I was just wondering how many of you suffer from this condition? :?

Nervous regards

Martyn
jak

Re: Submitophobia

Post by jak »

Hello again, Martyn. I think your phobia is quite common among newcomers. The rest of us just carry on writing and proofing like mad before bunging them in. Good luck.
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Right now there are longer wait time for articles that aren't submitted for requests. There are so many public requests these days that Ed has to give priority to, articles on spec simply have to wait longer turns.

I think it's healthier to be fearful than cocky. I've seen writers come into the forums all puffed up with attitude, angry if they get rejected and pointing fingers. They don't seem to last long.

Writers who genuinely want to get it right are more likely to worry about getting it wrong, and are thus more likely to work harder to succeed here. If you've got the necessary basics, hard work will pay off.

Just heed whatever advice Ed gives you and build on it.
mrgamboloyd

Post by mrgamboloyd »

Thanks Sharon. I understand that there are many requests at the moment and the review times are quite lengthy. I have been perusing many threads on this forum and have aquired some very useful information regarding proofing etc. I have even purchased a text to speach program so that my content is read back to me. I have found this very beneficial as it highlights some sentencing issues I would have otherwise missed.

I cant see the point in griping as it hampers creativity and prefer to use my energy in a positive way.

Thank you for the input :)
MelissaNott

Post by MelissaNott »

SUBMITOPHOBIA! I love it!
I realize I'm coming into this discussion two months late, but I laughed out loud when I saw this.
I DEFINITELY have submitophobia, and am glad to see I'm not the only one!!!!! :D
sakura

Post by sakura »

I have to say that I have some hesitations in resubmitting my article. It's my first.
It has been rejected with some good revision advices, I have studied them and I have made the according changes. But now I'm thinking, what if I missed something? I'm kinda anxious. :roll:
I will go out for a walk, come back, read it again, proofread it again - then I guess I will have to dare resubmit it. Oh my! :oops:
MelissaNott

Post by MelissaNott »

The approach that's worked best for me is to leave it alone, work on other things for a few days, then come back to it. Hope this works for you! Good luck!