I Think I Broke My Computer

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CJSink

I Think I Broke My Computer

Post by CJSink »

It couldn't have come at a worse time. I was checking my printer for a paper jam and found a penny inside of it. So I decided to flip it upside down to dislodge the penny. I must have hit the power supply or something but now the only things working are the monitor and my phone charger. My computer will not turn on now, I have tried plugging it into different outlets and resetting it but it gets no power at all, I think it might be my power supply. Anybody have ideas on other things I may try? I am on my parents' extremely slow computer.
articlewriteups

Re: I Think I Broke My Computer

Post by articlewriteups »

Maybe you should call up BestBuy or either Dell and see what they might recommend you doing. It sounds like you might have to replace something or it could just be a quick fix but calling Dell might be the best thing depending on what kind of computer you have of course. 8)
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Just based upon a recent similar experience with my own computer, it sounds like your power supply needs to be replaced.
AmyT

Post by AmyT »

How unfortunate!

All because of a silly penny... :x
lucaswj

Post by lucaswj »

Fortunately, power supplies are rather cheap to fix if you don't have a computer that's using nonstandard parts.
George30

Post by George30 »

hi..
so your computer is ok now??
btw im new in this site.
thanks for letting me in..

Make Money Online
danieljones2006
Location: suite no.-20, apartment-5, Near W21st street,Zenia,California-95595

Post by danieljones2006 »

Good to know that your computer is working perfectly. Your system's SMPS must have gone kaput. Replacing the same must have help.