First Article was Accepted

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Polly

First Article was Accepted

Post by Polly »

Thank you Ed! And thanks to everyone who answered my newbie questions.

Now, if someone could please peel me off the ceiling, I might be able to write some more.

Appreciate you all,

Polly
WordCraft

Re: First Article was Accepted

Post by WordCraft »

Well done. How did you do it? I've had two rejections so far. My first came because I had check the boxes for all the licences (I have a version of the article on two non-public areas of the Net which I guess must have been detected by Ed) and my second was a problem with tense (evidently, though I cannot see the problem myself).

I've been writing, on and off, for about twenty-five years, and have no doubt got into some bad habits. :roll: I've been reviewing grammar sites and books like crazy these past couple of weeks. :lol:

It's a bit like going for your driving test all over again!

Maybe there should be a club for those who have their first article accepted? Though I'm not sure there would be a lot of you. :)

Again, well done!
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

Wordcraft, it is FAR easier to write from scratch for C-C than to try to modify existing writing to fit here. Once you get the hang of submitting here, then you can go back and submit items you modify to fit the requirements here for use licenses. However, you will probably discover quickly you can make more money taking what your already wrote and with a different spin writing something new so you can get all licenses here.

I.e. If your piece is on window treatments in general, you could write a more focused piece on the best window treatments when you have pets, or the most durable window treatments, or window treatments that don't require a great deal of care to look great (I personally hate washing curtains).

As far as tense goes, you could always post a small portion of the article in the Constructive Criticism thread.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

WordCraft,

I'd be happy to look at your article and see if fresh eyes can catch the tense error. Paste it into a message to me. My author name is DM Gutierrez.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Wordcraft, don't feel so bad. My article was sent back for revision a couple of times. If it hadn't been for the long review time this week it would have been rejected again, probably for the last time. I just happened to take another look at it at the last minute and found another mistake!

Self editing is very difficult. We just don't see our own errors so easily. I'll be sure to sleep on future articles before submitting them. Going back to read them again after a couple of days really makes a difference.

I must say, even if Ed had given me the boot, my time here wouldn't have been wasted. It's been an incredible learning experience.

Good luck to you, and let us know how things go.

Polly
Last edited by Polly on Fri May 28, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Polly wrote:I must say, even if Ed had given me the boot, my time here wouldn't have been waisted. It's been an incredible learning experience.
Polly, congratulations on getting your first article accepted! And I commend you for having such a positive outlook! With that kind of outlook, you'll be selling lots of articles not just here on CC but in many other places.

Congrats again, and more article acceptances to come!

~Sherry
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

Thanks Debbi - how does one send messages? :D
Polly

Post by Polly »

Wordcraft, click on her name, to the right of her post above. She has contact information in her profile.

Fingers crossed for you.

Polly
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

WordCraft:

To send a message to a CC author, sign into your account and then click on the Authors tab along the top. Search for DM Gutierrez and then click on "Contact the Author." You will have to copy and paste the text into the message body since there is no way to send an attachment.

Debbi
Polly

Post by Polly »

Thank you Sherry!

That first one was for a request. There was a 0 next to the customer's name. I thought that meant that no other writers had written for him. :) But now I see that it means he hasn't bought here before. The deadline isn't here yet so there's still hope.

Polly
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

I must be stupid. There is no PM contact info if I click the forum member name (there is in other forums I am on). And I'm afraid "DM Gutierrez" draws a blank on the search box on the author page. I searched in the category "written".

What am I doing wrong? :lol:
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

WC,

Go to your CC profile page (not inside the forums), then click on the Authors tab. There will be a Search Authors box. Enter DM Gutierrez and my profile should come up. For some reason when you hit the Authors tab while in the forums, the search Authors box does not come up so you have to do it from your Account Status or My Profile page.

You can't PM from the forums, only send email from your CC acount.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

Ah, I will tell you what happened - CC is very impatient at logging me out! (that box is not there when logged out) :lol:

I have to remember not to assume I am logged in when switching between the forum and the CC site proper.

Message sent!