Demand Studios?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Marika

Demand Studios?

Post by Marika »

I just recieved an invitation from Demand Studios to come write for them, and wondered if anyone else has ever heard of this? I thought you had to sign up or go through an application process at DS; I've NEVER heard of them inviting someone to write for them. Anyone have any mysterious invitations suddenly showing up in their email? (Not here-my private email address, lol!) Ihaven't clicked the link in the email-too chicken to touch it until I know what's going on, lol.

So...anyone here write for DS? Know anything about this invitation?
Celeste Stewart

Re: Demand Studios?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It could be related to eHow. In the past, you could write for eHow directly or via Demand Studios. I just received an email from eHow the other day saying that from now on, you have to submit via Demand Studios and that if you haven't already applied, you'll need to do so. I think it said some eHow writers are automatically pre-approved and others would need to apply.
Marika

Post by Marika »

Okay, that may be it! I think I still have a couple of srticles on eHow...I haven't written for them in so long, I hardly remember!

I feel better now, lol...no crazies stalking my inbox... :lol:
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Celeste is right. DS will be the only way to write for eHow now and some authors are being invited to become DS authors. I've been writing for DS for about 6 months and the vast majority of my work ends up on eHow. Coming from CC it was hard to get used to DS because the formats, voice, word count, etc is so specific and the copy editors are not always consistent, but once you get the hang of it it can go pretty smoothly.
Marika

Post by Marika »

Thanks, Deb. I've taken a peek at DS, but haven't made up my mind about it yet. I might try them out just to see what happens, though.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I got "pre-approved" by DS as well. I thought it to be rather ironic, as I was just turned down by them 2 weeks ago (and I had included a link to my e-how articles). They state that they are aware I was previously denied approval, but because of the quality of my e-how articles, I am receiving approval!?! I am grateful for the opportunity...but a bit confused by the irony! I'll give them a shot, though I have read many negative comments about the way they treat their writers, etc. Hopefully, those comments are primarily by authors who simply don't like following the rules and it will be a great opportunity...the verdict is still out on that one!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I was both accepted and pre-approved based on eHow articles. CC is better pay and well Demand is the same outfit as eHow.
http://www.innovativepassiveincome.com/ ... d-studios/ there are some interesting comments here and I'd welcome more.