The Owl Box

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

The Owl Box

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Anyone else watching the mama owl, Molly, and her eggs? Or is this just a local thing here in CA? Here's the link for all you critter lovers: http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox.

Our family is tuned most of the day. Today, I had the video open in another window with sound on while I worked and all the bird chirps added a nice backdrop to my routine. The guy who set up the webcam comes on periodically and talks about what he's learned about barn owls since putting the box up and streaming the video to the world. It's neat. My daughter loves it (so do I). Today my 3-year-old said, "I want my owl back" after I switched back to boring old writing stuff. So far, one owlet hatched yesterday. Four more eggs to go.
4rumid

Re: The Owl Box

Post by 4rumid »

That's pretty cool, Celeste! Not much happening right now, but I did see the video of Max the owlet, who's adorable. Any idea why the live feed is b/w and not in color and clearer like some of the videos?
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

The chatroom mentioned that it's black and white during the night hours. Colour during the day :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, it's night vision at night. Beautiful technicolor by day.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Thanks Celeste...I spent my whole afternoon watching Molly and Max instead of getting any work done! :lol: Things seem to be rather slow around here the past week or so...very few sales seem to be going on other than private requests, absolutely no page views on my articles for 2 days, forums are almost deserted...getting a bit discouraged, as I have only had one small sale in two weeks! :( My first week and a half on here I made 5 sales...I'm wondering if it was just a fluke now! I keep writing...but alas...Think I will go watch the owls some more... :?