Worst Writing Job Ever!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

aprilk10

Re: Worst Writing Job Ever!

Post by aprilk10 »

Worst writing job? Hmmm...I have only been at the freelance writing thing for about a year. I actually started out on Textbroker in March of last year. I was rated a 3, but worked up to a 4 within the first 5 articles. I guess you could say my worst experience was on there with a client who kept returning the article for revision with really rude comments. I simply kept doing the revisions and ended up giving him a completely off the wall article after about the 3rd revision. He accepted it, but didn't make a comment. I suppose the few dollars the article brought me may not have really been worth the time I put into all the revisions, but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of my turning the article back into the pool and giving him a free article. Working my way up on Textbroker was beginning to be a bit of a grind, and almost didn't seem worth the 1.4 cents per word at level 4, but I kept at it hoping for that 5 star rating (5 cents per word). FINALLY about 2 weeks ago I got raised to a 5 star! I was not with Textbroker in the early days like you were Peggy, though like all sites in the beginning stages, I am sure there were some wrinkles to iron out! Between Textbroker and CC, I have been able to quit my dull 6-3 job at the local McD's to pursue a career as a freelance writer! I have only been at the full time thing for a few months (since Jan.) though, so still in the rough stages! I have to say working at McDonald's was my worst job ever! You think it is difficult dealing with clients? Try dealing with a disgruntled customer whose Big Mac is made wrong! The public can really try your patience!
eliza490

Post by eliza490 »

I haven't really had a worst writing job ever yet, but some of you are criticizing ad revenue. Sure, it's usually not a lot, but it's something. I write for Helium. To get good ad revenue you have to have a lot of articles and most of them should be in categories that a lot of people are interested in so it will get more views. Ad revenue alone is generally not a lot, but I made $30 off of that last month and sites like Helium also have other opportunities to make money in addition to ad revenue. I know it can't make you a millionaire, but I don't think it's as bad as some are saying it is on here.

~Eliza
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Probably why you see CC writers unenthusiastic about revenue sharing sites is because we've been there and then discovered CC's much higher earning potential :) I like doing a mix because there's something to be said for those residuals. I'm getting about $40 bucks per month for doing nothing on AC. Not much, but I don't have to do a thing to get it. Squidoo was horribly disappointing to me, but I got $19 from them the other day out of the blue (but I spent well over 30 hours experimenting with Squidoo and building lenses so I'm not overly impressed with myself).