3 in Line

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Elizabeth Ann West

3 in Line

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

So I AM really trying to write way more often even with a crawling, cruising 7 month old under foot (It's harder than it looks). I actually have 3 articles in review! Usually I have one. Maybe. But I'm becoming so OCD, and been away I have had a rejection or two in the last month (stupid mistakes, just out of practice) that I keep pulling the articles, tweaking, and putting them back in line because I don't want to get a rejection for something minor and start the process all over. But yet I'm doing that by taking it down and putting it back up (I had to change a title recently). I never said it made perfect sense, just nerves and apprehension are getting the best of me.

I love all the public requests we get now. Well, not the substance of them all, I've seen a few low, low offers with the meaningless justification of bulk work. Bulk work is nice, however on this site it's not full justification for a bottom floor offer. Why? Because you could always sign yourself up for bulk work. Try challenging yourself to write 20 automotive articles, or 20 financial articles and price them accordingly. Even new authors here can notice articles are frequently bought "in bulk" by buyers, regularly at the end of the month on certain subjects from a variety of authors.

Anyway, the public requests are great, I remember starting out and it was so much more confusing back then. Plus, I wasted so much time writing to old public requests because they just sat there unless the buyer took them down. However, the longer review times will take some getting used to. I need to stop being so instant gratification. :)
Sharion

Re: 3 in Line

Post by Sharion »

Glad to know I'm not the only one! If it sits in review for a long time I sometimes go back and look at it again, too.

I had one article that sat in review for what seemed like an eternity, everything in front of and behind it got reviewed but that one just sat, taunting me. It never got rejected but I must have gone back in and redone it 4-5 times. I kept thinking that there must be a reason it sat so long.

Had Ed read it and just didn't know what to do with it? Was it a topic that just didn't hold enough interest? Perhaps Ed was just swamped and there was no stigma attached. The paranoia level was flying pretty high and I kept revising it for fear that the long review time would lead to a rejection.

Eventually it was accepted and I'll never know if it would have flown without my over-mothering it.
Celeste Stewart

Re: 3 in Line

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I've seen a few low, low offers with the meaningless justification of bulk work. Bulk work is nice, however on this site it's not full justification for a bottom floor offer. Why? Because you could always sign yourself up for bulk work. Try challenging yourself to write 20 automotive articles, or 20 financial articles and price them accordingly.
Yeah, but bulk work has its advantages if you can get it: regular work/pay and once you know the topic well, the assignments are relatively easy. Even at lower per word rates, bulk assignments can be financially rewarding.

Pay attention to who's making the offer. For example, if it's a client with a 1500 purchase rating, then you can bet the client's serious and that there's a lot of work to be had. If it's a client with a 0 purchase rating, who knows? Maybe yes, maybe no. Also consider if you're serious about taking on the work. Bulk work can be tedious and it requires a regular commitment.