Helium or other sites?

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

KinsleyRoyale

Helium or other sites?

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

I was thinking today of joining another site like this since there is a bit of delay in reviews. I thought maybe if I had enough on the go I could actually pay some bills. Anyhow one I came across was Helium - which seems a little confusing and looks like low pay. Is it worth my time to go there? Do you have another recommendation?

I have sold 3 here since signing up in 2 wks. so I guess I'm doing well.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Helium or other sites?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Try the other sites for two weeks and you'll come running back to CC :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

And yes, that's a terrific start! Welcome to the site.
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

Well I don't plan to abandon this one, it is fantastic!

Just wondering since I have time on my hands if it is going to be worth it.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

I've looked at or tried a few of the other writing sites. Even though they may provide upfront payments, the amount you can make on an article at CC is multiples of these other sites but it takes patience. I've only written 28 articles for CC and 11 have sold. Even taking into consideration the articles that have not sold yet my average per written article here is probably 4 or 5 times the amount that I would get on another site. Plus I've written about 10 of my CC articles in the last week or two so they haven't really had much viewing time. After a few of those sell my average per written article will probably be 6 to 8 times the upfronts for other sites, or maybe even more. I hope to be able to spend a little more time writing articles here.
jak

Post by jak »

Hi Kinsey. If you have time on your hands, I'd recommend writing and posting more pieces here in the first place, offering all rights appropriately priced. If an article sells for usage rights only, you still own non-exclusive rights to it and can post it at Helium where it might make some more cents, but not much more. That's what I do anyway. Your article still might sell again here as well. I have some that have sold twice or three times here as well as earning at Helium.