Stolen content

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PeggyTee

Stolen content

Post by PeggyTee »

On another one of my random sweeps around the Internet, I found one of my articles stolen on this website:

http://www.reuterspost.com/2010/02/char ... iness.html

I've sent Support an email about this - there is no way of contacting the poster or the webmaster of the site as there is no contact information provided.

There are a few other titles there that seem vaguely familiar so maybe have a look and see if any belong to you.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Stolen content

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I see one of mine, but it's posted on the same day that it sold (2-1-10) and it appears no where else on the net. . . Mine may be legitimate - or a strange coincidence?
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

One of my articles is on there too and it hasn't sold here.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

It looks like most if not all of the content on that site is from CC. I checked most of their Finance articles and every one I checked came from here.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

This is pretty amazing. If you look at the categories on this site, which are located on the right side of the page, you will see that they are the exact same sub-catagories as CC's Business category.

Sorry if I'm acting crazy about this. It's the first time that my content has been stolen that I know about. I'm ticked!!!
Ed

Post by Ed »

If you've been affected, please notify Support so that they can get a better idea about the scope of the problem.

Thanks,
Ed
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

Thanks Ed. I sent a message to support.
Celeste Stewart

Here's the guy's feed:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/reuterspost

I now see that mine was posted two days before it sold, so mine's a theft too. I'll contact support as well. I'm wondering if the guy is using a feed from the business category since his categories match CC's as EricScott mentioned.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

I submitted an online dmca form with Google about my stolen content a few days ago. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for Google to act? Do they get in touch when the issue is resolved?
PeggyTee

Post by PeggyTee »

Eric, I've submitted a dcma with Google too - not sure how long it will take, maybe a few weeks to a month? Looks like the entire site is stolen property so the whole thing should be shut down as opposed to just having a few articles taken off.

Aah content thieves - I haven't done a sweep of my work for awhile now, was beginning to think they'd forgotten me! One of the occupational hazards of web writing.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

Thanks Peggy. Let's hope that Google shuts them down!
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

I just got a message from Google. Since my stolen content was hosted on a Blogger site Google removed the article. The title of the article remains, but when you click on the permalink it now says "Page Not Found."
Celeste Stewart

Same here. I contacted Google last week. Still though, it looks like the site itself remains - and potentially lots of CC content sitting there. I wish Google would ban the whole site not just individual pages reported one-by-one.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

I agree. The problem is that writers that do not read this forum probably have no idea their content is on that site.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

You're right - most of the titles there, especially if you scroll down the older posts, seem to be titles from CC - right from "How to Write a Killer Resume", the staycation article, chill is the new stressed, finance articles, insurance, real estate - the list is quite long.