Waiting again, such a scary word!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Waiting again, such a scary word!

Post by Sharion »

So the first article that went into waiting stayed there until I finally broke down and emailed support. Almost two weeks had gone by. The result was that it went back into the sales pool. No sale.

Today another one went into waiting. My first reaction was excitement. Immediately followed by oh no, not again. It went into waiting after only 9 visits which was really exciting. But waiting means maybe yes, maybe no, and lord only knows how long until I find out.

(sending up a silent prayer for a quick, happy result...)
EricScott

Re: Waiting again, such a scary word!

Post by EricScott »

I'm in waiting hell also. It's only been three days, but I'm giving up hope that it will turn into a sale. It stinks because the article is on a timely topic so hopefully it won't be in waiting for too long. Too bad we can't tell if it is in waiting because an electronic check is clearing or if it is just sitting forgotten in someone's checkout cart.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I have an article that went on waiting status yesterday, and just an hour or so ago, my hubby saw that one of his is in waiting status too. Until that waiting status turns into sold, I'm (we're) not celebrating. I didn't get excited either when I saw it because frankly, that waiting status doesn't really mean moolah until it says sold - not after my most recent experience with 5 articles that were in limbo for 11 days. I really, really hope CC addresses this issue, because clearly, not all articles are going back automatically to the pool. I'm sorry that your article had to be unavailable to other buyers for two weeks, Sharion! That's is just plain terrible!

~Sherry
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

My article in waiting status turned into a sale! I sent support an email earlier today asking them if they could put it back into the article pool and then a few hours later the status changed from waiting to sold. I'm not sure if support contacted the person who had it in their cart, if an e-check cleared or if it was just a coincidence, but the important thing is that it sold!
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Good for you, Eric! I love a happy ending :-)
rohishetty

Post by rohishetty »

Congrats Eric! :D
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Oooweee! Mine just turned into a sale, too! This is addicting. I am sooo hooked!
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Eric and Sharion, congrats! My article and my husband's turned into sales also - and I noticed 4 more of my articles went into waiting status Friday night :D
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

That's great Sharion, Niche and Mr. Niche! Now I won't groan whenever an article status turns into Waiting since I know they can actually become sales.
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Nichewriter, I was going to post wishing you luck on yours in waiting but I see luck already found you.

Waiting isn't necessarily a dirty word after all :D
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Thanks, Sharion. I'm glad to report those 4 articles that were in waiting status Friday night also turned into sales, and hubby sold another one too! :D