Google elected me as a Bionic!

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Lysis

Google elected me as a Bionic!

Post by Lysis »

W0000000000t! All this Google mumbo jumbo I write on here and post on the forum are finally backed up with some Google recognition. The Search team has elected me as one of their bionics!

They are giving me a free Nexus One too! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I'm gonna be on here: http://sites.google.com/site/webmasterh ... ic-posters
Antonia

Re: Google elected me as a Bionic!

Post by Antonia »

Wow, Lysis, that sounds cool! I was about to ask what a bionic is but after clicking on your link I know. :) And yes, that is an awesome recognition...and I'm sure very well deserved. Congrats, and enjoy your Nexus! Good on ya!
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

That's really awesome! Congrats big time! It's really cool to hear "good job done" and I'm smiling a big one for you :D
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked. I posted that everyyyyywhere. I'm sure most people are thinking WHO CARES but I'm excited. :D
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

Okay - I guess I need to come out of my cave a little more often... (what's a "Bionic"?) (that was whispered so I don't look like a total idiot) - (and while yer at it - what's a Nexus One? - sounds like something out of Star Trek...)

Dennis
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congrats! Yes, do tell us what a Bionic and Nexus One are.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Bionics are the elected people on the Webmaster forums as top contributors and people who (hopefully LOL) know the Google guidelines and how to fix issues with poorly ranked sites (if there are issues..sometimes, sites are just crappy and deserve their rank).

The Google Nexus One is their phone..it's an iPhone competitor. http://www.google.com/phone

I'm a huge Google fan. They really are some cool cool people.
Elizabeth Ann West

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

The Nexus One is my husband's latest drool item. Congrats on being recognized Lysis!

Google has given one of those out to everyone on their staff. We have a data center here, and everyone from administrative assistant to mechanic was issued a Nexus One. And did you know Google caters lunch every day for their employees? A coworker of my husband has a wife who works at the local data center. She brags to him about getting lobster and steak for lunch. My husband wishes he could get a job there, but catered lunch for him and lowered salary for us does not feed our kids.... :/
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Elizabeth Ann West wrote:The Nexus One is my husband's latest drool item. Congrats on being recognized Lysis!

Google has given one of those out to everyone on their staff. We have a data center here, and everyone from administrative assistant to mechanic was issued a Nexus One. And did you know Google caters lunch every day for their employees? A coworker of my husband has a wife who works at the local data center. She brags to him about getting lobster and steak for lunch. My husband wishes he could get a job there, but catered lunch for him and lowered salary for us does not feed our kids.... :/
Yeah, Google is known as one of the best places to work and it shows. The Google employees on the webmaster forums are just cool people. JohnMu is one cool cat. I'm really proud to be a part of their extended team!

The Googleplex is supposed to be awesome. They said in my welcome letter that if I'm in the area they will take me to lunch, so I assume that means the 'plex. :D

Another company that feeds their warehouse workers is Publix. My ex works for Publix, and he gets free meals every day too. They even let you bring your family members in once a month. It's just ridiculously awesome. I used to eat lunch with him and it was just like a cafeteria.