CC International Meet-up

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Antonia

CC International Meet-up

Post by Antonia »

Hi all,

I've been in Australia since the end of December and am having a fantastic time. A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Hayley in person...and here's the pic to prove it! You can see lovely Cronulla in the background...that's a beach behind the trees. This is a couple of hours outside Sydney. It was great fun to meet another CC writer in the flesh!
Attachments
antonia and hayley.jpg
antonia and hayley.jpg (136.87 KiB) Viewed 7567 times
Celeste Stewart

Re: CC International Meet-up

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Fun! My 9-year-old wants to know why you guys aren't upside down :)
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

It was great fun to meet another writer from CC - we had a ball! We were going to have fish and chips on the beach, but decided to go for a Thai meal instead. Just as well, because about an hour after the photo was taken, rain came bucketing down in a strange summer storm. All we talked about was how great CC was and how happy we both were writing here!

And now, you all know what I look like. I'd been hiding behind the anonymity of the CC symbol on my profile, but I couldn't resist getting a one-off photo with another CCer!

Kind regards,

Hayley

P.s. We may be down under but we don't have to walk on our hands! Nor are kangaroos bouncing down the main street a common sight either.
Lor

Post by Lor »

Celeste, Kids say the darndest things.

Hayley and Antonia
You both have huge smiles. Must have been fun.

Hayles,
When are you coming to Canada? <gr>

Lor
eek

Post by eek »

Good to "see" you both. Antonia, how is the writing going during your travels? I would think beaches like that, and Australia in general, would be highly distracting.
Have fun,
Em
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Hayley, guess what--I DID see kangaroos bouncing down the main road yesterday! Practically, anyway. We'd gone for a drive through some touristy towns and beaches and we drove past a park...and there was a kangaroo munching away on grass quite contentedly. A few blocks down another big skippy and two smaller ones were actually standing at an intersection, looking like a family waiting to cross. It was a bit surreal and gave me the impression that we were about to see front doors open and kangaroos peering out with those expressionless expressions of theirs.

Oh--could you remind me of the name of that store you mentioned--the one where you bought your silver emus?

Em--I'm struggling with balancing work and fun. I don't have a good routine in place yet. When we visit my husband's relatives, it's so easy to fall into that vacation mindset. I've posted a few articles, mostly in response to public requests, but hadn't sold anything this month until this morning, when the dry spell finally broke. I feel newly inspired by that and am confident that I will eventually figure out a successful approach to maintaining this lifestyle. Perhaps I'll head over to Celeste's January Challenge thread once I've got some intentions/goals sorted out and put them down in black & white (the ol' public accountability trick should light a fire under my tush:) )
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Antonia - Where are you?? I have never seen kangaroos in the main street in the city - you must be exploring some of the country towns. I'll send you an email on CC with the name of the shop.

Lor - I don't know about coming to Canada at the moment. I'd love to, but...

Hayley
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Hayley, we're in a small town called Candelo and the spot where I saw the kangaroos was just outside Merimbula. Country for sure, but populated so I was very surprised to see the wildlife up close like that.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Country for sure! I knew you couldn't have been in a major town or city.

Hope you are having a good time.

Hayley