Article quality

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Article quality

Post by Sharion »

I was shopping for something online and I typed a question into Google, which led me to an article on Articlesbase. It was awful! Spelling, grammar, readability. They obviously don't have an Ed over there. I had to read it three times just because it was so badly written, I kept thinking maybe I read it wrong. Surely it couldn't be that bad? But it was. It's hard to take the information seriously when the article itself is so badly written. I never did find the info I was seeking.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Article quality

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Articlesbase is an article directory where people post articles for free distribution in the hopes of driving traffic or building incoming links to their websites. Other webmasters can republish those articles for free, getting content in exchange for keeping the author's resource box (and links). The site does have an approval process and editorial guidelines but I have no idea how strict they are. I notice that the guidelines don't seem to mention anything about grammar, punctuation, etc. Also, the content could be old, before quality became a priority?
Markk

Post by Markk »

I submit articles to some of these article directories, including Ezine Articles and Go Articles. Yes, I agree that some articles were accepted but you wondered if any editor had gone over them before acceptance.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

These sites supposedly have "editors" but they are a joke. They accept and reject articles arbitrarily . Once in a while you'll see well-written articles up there, but 90% of the time, the articles that pass their editors' muster are so poorly written, they'd make any decent writer cringe. The people who submit to these sites are mainly doing it for the traffic, exposure and backlinks.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I've have a customer here at cc who pays me to write articles for her to post on Articlebase every once in a while. She pays top dollar, so I don't mind even if the site is less than stellar. If only more people would do that, we could all make more money. WG
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

I think I actually posted some articles to an ezine site about 10 years ago as a way to bring traffic to one of my websites. I'd forgotten about that. I'll need to see if I can track them down and find out if they are still out there. At least I made a list of the articles so I know what to look for. I could have sworn the site was ezine-articles.com but that site is up for sale. I did a quick search of ezinearticles.com for two of the articles and didn't find them. The memory is a wee bit fuzzy for something I did so long ago and where I did it! Would be good to know, though.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It's:
http://www.ezinearticles.com/

I'm doing a few articles there (and other sites) for a couple of clients as well as for my own website. Ezines seems to have real people editing. It's not so much what the other writers are doing, but rather our own quality that we need to be concerned with.