Thank you, Celeste and Debbi and all

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sharion

Thank you, Celeste and Debbi and all

Post by Sharion »

Celeste and Debbi and all of you who take your time to answer newbies, on behalf of myself, and all the writers who don't thank you, I want to say thank you for all of your kind words of advice.

I was reading thru some old threads and some newbies were really rude. They'd ask questions then pick fights if they didn't like the answers. I couldn't believe some of what I read. One thread almost got deleted but didn't (someone posted that they were considering the removal) and I'm glad they didn't because it made me appreciate you guys all the more. Especially to know you are still helping people!

For that, thank you :-)
Sharion
Debbi

Re: Thank you, Celeste and Debbi and all

Post by Debbi »

You're very welcome, Sharion. I am just "paying it forward" since when I showed up here mid-2009, Celeste, Hayley, Antonia, eek, Zabrina, and a host of others welcomed me and took precious time away from writing to answer all my newbie questions. I have noticed that writers that joined after I did have been helping newbies too and I'm sure the trend will continue.

The writers who try to defend their errors instead of learn ways to correct them usually fall by the wayside, either through suspension or from frustration. But the majority of new writers here are eager to learn and grow. Even veteran writers can learn new things from these forums and from new writers. Sometimes explaining something to someone else helps clarify the process or logic behind it better to the explainer too.

Ok, off to writing!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Thanks for the kind words :) Fortunately the rude people are few and far between and I like to think that in real life they're not quite so abrasive. Writing is such a personal form of expression that it's easy to get caught up in the emotions of having an article rejected. Anyhow, rude forum posters usually either shape up or move on for whatever reason (I like to think because they see that that kind of behavior isn't tolerated).
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Thanks Sharion and Debbi for the kind words. I feel like Debbi - when I arrived Celeste and Eek and others welcomed me with open arms (or at least warm hearts) and let me into the CC community. Debbi pays it forward to welcome others, as I try to do too. Sharion, I can tell you will be a great addition to the CC community here and I am so glad you have found us! Although some authors can be rude in the forums, most of these authors do go away. The rest of us stick around, polish our writing skills, enjoy the community, and help each other out when we can. I think the community on the forums is actually one of the best things about CC. Through this forum, I have made friends from all over the world. Even met one in person the other day, when Antonia came for a visit (which was great fun, by the way :lol: ). I love being part of this community and the friendly attitude of the majority of writers here. :D I also appreciate the help and friendly assistance I have personally received from people, especially Ed, Celeste, Eek, Zabrina, Lor, Antonia, Debbi, and the others too numerous to name. I find I learn a lot about the craft of writing from these forums and it is a great place to start. I always encourage new people to read through the forums and discover the wonderful community that makes CC work!

Kind regards,

Hayley
eek

Post by eek »

Hayley -
How COOL that you got to see Antonia! You're probably one of the few who've met a fellow CC'er (gotta be a better way to say that) after meeting on the forum.

Sharion, if I haven't said so already, Welcome welcome! I took a long break for the holidays, and haven't spent as much time on the forums.
Re. those rude people, I just think some people relish the chance for some drama, and a pen name is convenient for venting. But then again, most of us can be pretty passionate about our own writing, and rejection can sting. It's amazing though how maturity can be recognized through a single post.

Emma