Great website for searches

Anything goes.... but SPAM :)

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Amy W

Great website for searches

Post by Amy W »

Just thought I'd share a website I just found - googlegooglegooglegoogle.com. For anyone who is tired of opening up several tabs to run simultaneous Google searches - the site opens up four Google pages in one window. Might come in handy for research.
eek

Re: Great website for searches

Post by eek »

Cool! Thanks for sharing that Amy. Who knows when you might need it for comparing data. My husband just showed me how to open two word docs side by side, which I'm sure all children are taught to do in school these days, but it was new to me.
Emma
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I didn't even know you could open two word docs side by side. That would come in handy. Does your husband happen to know if the same little trick works in Wordperfect?
eek

Post by eek »

I'll ask him. In the meantime, maybe somebody else here knows?
DennisMartz

Post by DennisMartz »

Almost any program should be able to be put into a window that can be resized, then another window brought up of the same (or any other) program can be brought up - and you can keep on adding new windows. When you run out of room on your screen you can add a second (or even a third) monitor. Most video cards are made to support multiple monitors - I've been running two monitors for years and it makes life a WHOLE lot easier (I really like using multi-monitors with my flight simulator - put the communications, GPS, and additional views on a separate monitor and run the normal screen on my main monitor)
eek

Post by eek »

I used to use two monitors until my husband stole it back to use with his laptop. Made it nice to have research open in one screen and my file open in another.

In Word, under the Window option in the upper tabs I choose "split", but that only allows me to open two docs side by side. It also has a scrolling option, to scroll independently or together.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

Thanks, guys! I have a very tiny desk, so I'll stick to one monitor. But I just tried clicking on the Window Menu - the first time I've ever opened the menu, can you tell I'm not good with computers? - and I got a split screen, which is fantastic. Wordperfect lets me open up more than two docs at a time - though I have no idea why I would ever need to see six docs at once.